Tuesday, November 29

Tuesday 29 November - Grumpy

Hiya haven't been on here for a couple of days, weeks whatever, as have been busy being an anal virgo and tidying up my scrapbook related links - work is so handy for that! (oops mental note that went verbal!)

Have had a grumpy week and am wondering whether anyone else is having a grumpy week. I think I am reading too many scrapbooking designers websites .... I mean, is there anyone out there who isn't happily married with a hunky husband and five, blonde, cute kids who happily play away at the large dining room table while their 'mom' creates a scrapbooking company around them???

Is is ok to scrap when you're grumpy? Is it ok to create a 'negative' or 'slightly realistic' layout???

I AM SO FRUSTRATED! Surely there are some other nearly 40yr old, weight watching, divorced mothers, who used to love their real jobs but are now frustrated Scrapbookers who race home via train at 5.30, then find themselves running around their rented kitchens, cooking dinner, with paintbrushes sticking out of their mouths as they try and complete layouts for up & coming issues of magazines that have taken so long to get to NZ that the deadline for submission is nearly due.

I think I'll give up my well paid and extremely flexible job, where no one bothers me and go and sell ice to eskimos or something ............ mutter mutter, rant rant, storms off ....!

2 comments:

lianne said...

Ali I hear you about rushing home to get some scrapping done and trying to complete something while dinner is burning (that's me).

Jane said...

aaaww Ali ! you sound so fed up ! If its any help I've been grumpy this week too. I've put mine down to the pressures of Christmas looming! I know exactly how you feel. As for scrapping in this mood (scrapbooking as apposed to fighting the neighbours etc !) Not sure if you should or shouldn't, when I'm feeling like this all my creative mojo disappears into a glass of wine ! he he he . Hope you feel better soon !