Thursday, February 9

THANKS HEAPS

I just want to say a HUGE thanks today to those who left messages for me after my post on Bi Polar. You have got no idea what a lift if gave me when I got into work yesterday so THANK YOU! xxxx

It's one of those things that we struggle with talking about in public but it sure helps when you do, as someone always knows someone going through the same thing, or has experienced it themselves. Marieke, you are one tough lady - I only have two kids to worry about in this situation and I have a full time job to fall back on if anything major happens, I've got no idea how you manage like you do ... you rock gurl!

Not sure where we are at on the BP front right now, .... it is so weird, after all the diagnosis and visits to doctors etc of last year, you would think that you don't have to go through all the symptom recognition all over again but you do. Every episode is like new because the last thing that the sufferer wants to hear, is that the person who knows them the best is recognising the signs of 'an episode'. I'm not sure how it is for other 'significant others' but unfortunately there usually has to be some major stress and a meltdown from moi before action gets taken, then there is quietness and consideration on his part, lots of hugs without words and you just know that he wants to take action but is really struggling to do so.

He is away for the next two days, fully booked with Sales calls so I am hoping that this will jolt him back into normality. (He has just called to say that he is on schedule and that he loves me, which is a positive start to the day)

I am really looking forward to reclaiming some time with Caitlin tonight and helping her figure out her college timetable ... she has absolutely LOVED her first two days of college at Wellington East and is coping well with not having anyone from her previous school at college with her. Apparently she has "the coolest form teacher in the school". We frantically texted all her old friends this morning as they made their way to their first day at St Mary's and her cousin, who co-incidentally won't be at college with Caits, but is bound to be in the same classes as some of her friends at St Mary's - kind of weird.


Am also looking forward to having a play with Mels stamps tonight .... that lovely lady has lent me all sorts of lovely things to play with so watch out Jeans - you ain't gonna have a show of escaping tonight! Craig's brother has lent me that sexy camera today so I'm gonna be a pointing and a shooting and a painting and a stamping...... hopefully, we won't have time to eat and then I may also be able to fit the jeans Lol!

No comments: