Seriously? I mean how much of my own scrapping stuff do I need to take to do? Would really appreciate some suggestions from those who have been before...... of course I could always just take sneaky peeks to work on eh? or I could get really organised, plan my swap pins for CC06 and work on those ... any suggestions welcome. Am really looking forward to meeting IRL my fellow blogging and scrapping friends who I only know through a keyboard and screen ... I really can't wait.... you'll be able to pick me out in the crowd, I'll be the one jiggling in excitement Lol!

Ok, so I need some help with this layout - I love the top of it and don't mind the bottom, but hate where I've put the journalling - the best suggestion gets a RAK! I love the photo so am determined to redo it.... typical me, rushed it at the end, the journalling sucks too Lol!
Check out Nic's blog today for a link to an amazing scrapper whose work is on 2Peas - unbelievable talent! Unreal depth to her work, really worth looking at if you get the chance.



7 comments:
Ali, perennial writing advice is "show, don't tell" so if you want to spend more time on the journalling (love the stitching and the fabric, by the way!!), think about why you took the photo and what you wanted to capture about Kate. Specifics are good. eg. "Who thought she'd been left behind because she was the youngest? Who stayed quiet in the background while the others talked about the great day they'd had? So ... Who spent all afternoon climbing trees and mucking around in front of her photo-mad aunty? And, Who had The Best Time???? Kate 10.03.2006"
Is that ribbon/lace from Tarisota?? I'm envious!
Oh, and scrapcamp ... class kits for the three classes, so bring your basic tools ... whatever you can't do without ... and perhaps a project (or two) you want to finish in the evenings.
Some of those sneak peeks should make tidy 'projects-to-finish-at-scrapcamp' LOL
What about strip journalling?
not sure re: the journalling as it depends why exactly you don't like it. You could possibly move the pic down & have the journalling behind the photo in a 'tab folder' or similar. Just take the basics to scrap camp & your camera. Take a couple of pre planned layouts (pre-sort pps, title & embellishments) &/or a project.
BTW with the LO maybe the jornalling needs to be bolder like the paper you used rather than flowing to make it stand out.
Yes, I agree with Dianna - am thinking it is disappearing into the stripped patterned paper, so maybe needs to be re-done on something heavier/separate. I'm enjoying strip journalling like Dallas suggested at the mo (but that prob won't work here cause you have a lot of info).
OK, I guess I am the minority. For scrapcamp, I took everything!! I hate going to do something and not having it! I will be the one with piles of stuff around me :o)
Post a Comment