Thursday, March 9

YAH IT'S ARRIVED!

Well wrote a lovely wee blog entry yesterday only to have blogger crash and lose the lot - haven't got a clue what I said though, so moving right along .....

Went up to Caitlin's college last night for a' meet the teacher' barbeque and have to say that I'm a tad concerned. Caits has been saying how easy the work is, since starting College - she's not doing as much homework as I would expect and seems bored out of her tree in her previously favourite subjects .. English and Science. Her new favourite classes are PE and Maths if you please!!
We were a tad shocked when we heard last week that she had been put in the top stream for maths and was the only one in her form class working at the higher level - again weird, as maths has never been her best subject.
Anyway .. upon meeting her form teacher last night and voicing my concerns, she confided that there are almost too many year 9 students for the school to cope with and that they were only ten students off needing an extra class. As a result, there are 30 kids in each class and Caitlin's class are predominantly middle to lower range academically - with a few exceptions - Caits being one.
Obviously we are gonna have to keep a really close eye on her in order that she doesn't rest on her laurels but I can tell you that this is not what I envisaged for her in her first year of secondary school.

No scrapping done this week - although am gonna have a good go tonight and can't wait!! Have promised the lovely Lianne that I will find some time to do her mulberry challenge and have decided to give some of the Blue Bazaar challenges a go this week too. Then of course I have to complete my "BLOKE" layout for Kiwiscraps.


I had just given up ever seeing Issue 40 of For Keeps .........when it arrived! WOOHOO! It's so weird seeing a layout that I haven't seen since November, in print, in a mag. Kinda disappointed in the colour but that's actually how my photos came out too, so it must just photograph that way. Now my TWO PEAS - Published Layouts Album - will actually have something in it (it's a very small folder at this stage Lol!)

11 comments:

Donna said...

Congrats Ali, seeing it in print at last must be a BIG buzz. I love it. That cat is just adorable.
Thanks for dropping into my blog!
I am now off to P/T interviews.

dallas said...

Gorgeous layout Ali! I remember you showing the sneak peek, ages ago, and I was dying to see the full version - stunning! (will have to wait until I get the mag from the shops, when it shows!!) Gucci sure is one adorable cat! I've just had Parent/Teacher interviews too...must be the time of the year!!

Lara said...

it's gorgeous! Absolutely keep Caitlin challenged - are there any 'other interest' groups you can get her in to extend her interests?

lianne said...

I'm loving Gucci - the perfect man.
Looking forward to your mulberry layout.
LOOOOVE your Designer Cat layout - very cool - awesome colours.
And big congrats on Issue 40 - looking forward to receiving it myself.

Delys said...

That LO certainly has the WOW factor Ali!!! I love it. Thats great that Caitlin is in the top Maths class and totally keep on pushing her standard of work and she will be fine...clever girl!!Well done!
Will check shops out today for issue 40.

Delys said...

picked the mag up today and I went wow at your Lo Ali! and first page of that section too WTG!

Rach H said...

WOW Ali your LO looks gorgeous - I can't wait to see it in print.
Good on you for getting it published!!!
Rach

Donna said...

I got issue 40 yeaterday & yay for you first in the section. It looks great. What an awesome issue it is too!

Anonymous said...

Well done, awesome layout!

Rach H said...

I seen it + it looks FANTASTIC!!!
Rach

Anonymous said...

I love this layout, I got my issue of For Keeps a couple of days ago, I had seen your blog so the first thing I did was open it to look for it, well done, congrats!