Check out this pic of Caitlin and I taken seven years ago, a few months after I moved back to Wellington to be closer to her. Isn't she cute - I think she was six. Now she is about to turn THIRTEEN and me ..... FORTY!

Anyway to keep you in the loop, for the first time in ages, have not been doing much scrapping ... well that's not entirely true as have been trying to finish my projects for SC (one of which I'm kind of creating blind, as haven't received instructions for it yet Lol! May have to start again on that one when they finally come through.
Also sat down on Monday night and altered some cute MDF letters (bout 6inches) with my new favourite Anna Griffin paper (blue and green paisley with a couple of red dots every so often) .. can't remember the name of it at present but know that I am going to have to scrap with something else soon, before I get sick of it. Anyway my Mother, whose 67th birthday it was yesterday, absolutely loved them and they fit beautifully in one of the shelves of her bookshelf. I was stunned at how good they look, as they really took no time at all. I even beaded around the paisley shape on one of the letters, which I have never tried before - stunning result! am definitely gonna have to do more of that!!
The birthday celebrations were minimal this year as mum has been in and out of hospital with angiograms, stents and new knees being the flavour of the month. Needless to say that because of uncertainty about ops and timing, I have had to pull out of going to Scrap Camp. Am totally gutted as was really looking forward to this. Amyway, we all converged on her with afternoon tea yesterday ... it was so cool to catch up with my brothers and my four nieces and nephew who are all growing like wee mushrooms. My brother has really got the hang of his new digital camera and showed us some awesome pics of his tramp away with his 8yr old son and his wee mate. He needs his head examined ... took two eight year olds tramping up Mt Holdsworth overnight .. the pics are awesome, real BOY shots of smelly socks, backpacks and wonderful NZ native bush ... of course I've asked for copies of the pics, I mean, when do I ever get to scrap 'boy' pages Lol!.
We are childless at the moment as both kids are away on holiday. It's so weird not having them around as it has been ages since Craig and I have been childfree.... gonna have to learn to talk to one another again Lol!



5 comments:
Sorry to hear you can't come to Scrapcamp. I'll just have to meet you at CC.
Feel free to come to our Queens birthday weekend scrap camp (It's in Queenstown).
Your SC work sounds interesting - I have to stop buying things & actually use them!!!
Sorry you can't come to scrapcamp. (We promise not to have too much fun!!) Appreciate that it'll be good to be around your mum when she's not well.
Lovely photo of you & Caitlyn. One to treasure.
Oh sorry to hear about your Mum, Ali! Hope things pick up for her soon. Pity about scrapcamp...but theres always the November scrapcamp too!
Post a Comment