Thursday, April 6

THE TAIL END OF THE WEEK


Well here it is, the 'sneaky peak' of my paper napkin layout - not sure that I 'LOVE' the finished product after all that work, but time will tell eh?

On the Submissions front, am excited to say that one of my layouts has been accepted for a SC Project later in the year - just found out yesterday and am really chuffed as I love this mag.





I have been trying to take a few more pics of me and take myself a little less seriously - a really difficult concept for me, particularly as I'm not feeling particularly photogenic at the moment - more visits to the pool in fat lady's togs required me thinks ....





Anyway, I had a bit of a play around with the self portrait idea at work yesterday, prior to reluctantly giving the camera back to my BIL (til the next time Lol)! Seriously, he has to physically wrench it off me these days!...




I guess this could be a 'Day in the Life' look, at me as a Recruiter, or something deep & meaningful like that. I'm not sure why, but I really struggle with the deep and meaningful when journalling or creating a personal layout.




As you can see, I spend most of my time on the phone which is why I probably hate answering the jolly thing in the middle of Dragons Den or The Apprentice Lol!




Of course, I really prefer this pic ...


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it Ali, especially the pic of the boots on the desk. Gave me a good chuckle to start off my day.

dallas said...

hehe, the boots pic is great! That sneak peek has me intrigued again! You submitting it?? (another lengthy wait to see the whole thing! LOL)

Anonymous said...

Hi Ali, just popping over to look at your blog and LOVE these pics. They are so great. And I especially love the one of your boots too. Awesome.

Mel said...

Ali did you take the photos yourself (self timer?) or did someone else - they are great. And like the others I love the boots!

lianne said...

OK I was gonna say Love your Boots, but everyone got there first. Love your sneak peeks. Are these sneak peeks cause they are being published? Cool about the SC project too. Aaannnd, cool as that you're coming to Scrapcamp. Hhhmmm head scarves - could be a theme for Scrapcamp couldn't it. Have to think about that one.

Lara said...

congrats on subission success. Love your portraits.

Kirsty said...

Giggling!! You're such a dag Ali!!