Tuesday, July 25

RECIPES for Africa

Ok so why did I not consider the time involved in finding recipes for a circle journal when I signed up for this. Has been really fun so far, but difficult to fit everything in. Add to that, a thirteen year old who keeps looking over my shoulder saying ... Oh there's a typo on that page mum and you have a frustrated wee circle journaller Lol!



Here is a sneak peak of my journal before it took off on it's wee journey around New Zealand. My theme is soup (wish I'd picked cheesecake though). Can't wait to see what it looks like when it comes back.
A strange week this week, life is just shooting by at a rate of knots now that I am busy at work again. I have another class to prepare for, another circle journal sitting on my desk and the homework for Crafting Connection. Am really starting to look forward to this now but have heaps to do before 12th August.

We did get to do a bit of socialising last week and went to my good friend Gary's place to celebrate his birthday and housewarming. Our crowd haven't seen each other for ages so was fun to catch up - guess who WASN'T the designated driver!!!! Yes, you guessed it - my gorgeous friend Donna, decided that Craig needed some assistance to drink his vodka jelly!!

... needless to say, I didn't have a headache the next day, but someone else did Lol!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you, time is flying by.....sounds like you have a sub editor in your midst lol.....

Sharon said...

The journal looks great !

Anonymous said...

love the circle journals ... and two at once! busy busy busy!! such fun when they come back all filled up.

Mel said...

The CJ looks great - I have 2 to comlete before 12 August and another project so I feel the pressure,too. it'll be worth it in the end!

Jane said...

what a great photo ! love it ! he he he......

Sandra said...

Have never done a circle journal, but watching these appear on blogs, am thinking I could try one day. Sounds like the time pressure is on for you tho. I work better with a deadline.

Delys said...

I hear ya! Its been a while since I got my recipe books out but its kinda good as Im thinking oh I havent tried that for a while!
So this recipe CJ is great methinks. Just made soup today but just normal vege soup with chunks of bacon..yummo! I have a mean tomato and gin soup (Mel might have it?) When you get it back and if there is room I can do a page too?
Glad you had a great time with your friends.

Donna said...

Owee, guess what's at my house right now!! Just getting my inspiration together to work on it next week.
You are right about the time committment though! Phew, pretty full on here too but it gets things done which I would normally put off!!