Monday, July 31

TODAY YOU

Ok so I've started .... my homework for Crafting Connection, I mean.

I decided that Caitlin was going to be my subject for Ali Edwards class 'Today You' (well she owed me a favour so she was the obvious choice!)



I'm supposed to be recording three simple observations for nine days so here is one of the days (what do you mean I'm cutting it fine!)


Here she is, cramming to finish her homework on Sunday afternoon!




Ironing her school Uniform, ready to go back to her dads (I love that she is old enough to do that)!











and of course, doing the whole changeover thing that kids with divorced parents get to do .. in our case, on a Sunday afternoon. She isn't really as forlorn and miserable a kid as she looks in this pic, she is just a good actress Lol!


What do you think? ... only eight other days to go ... unfortunately I won't get to see her for a week now Lol!


Apart from playing with my camera and managing to fit 23 photos of varying sizes into a double page layout with secret journalling ... PHEW! I had my roots done, got Caitlin's hair cut and attended a mid winter Christmas party with my new colleagues. ... naturally I cropped about 10kg off my backside and felt the need to add some text. My boss is six foot 6!!!!




7 comments:

Kirsty said...

Hey you're sounding very happy these days with your new job. Go you. Looking fwd to seeing you again at CC06 next week.

Jane said...

Love the idea about the observations- thats really cool. well done.

Mel said...

Isn't it great toget thatCC2006 homework ticked off!

Anonymous said...

Ali, in your staff photo would the woman on the right be a woman by the name of sarah king? Cheers, Debs aka scrappygirl - debbiep@ihug.co.nz

Sandra said...

Hey, would love to see a layout with 23 photos on...I have rowing photos for Africa and need all the ideas I can get. Love the pic of Caitlin by the door, the look says it all (even if it is an act LOL)

Anonymous said...

too funny starting today and then she's gone for a week. very helpful.
must start that myself soon - i've been meaning to reread the homework but i think you've just paraphrased it nicely. in my case i think i'd better put some clothes on my subject/s before starting the photography. lol
your photos look just gorgeous btw.
suz

Ali said...

No Debs, must be a look a like Lol!