Saturday, August 12

MAKING CONNECTIONS!

What a wonderful weekend I'm having ... yes I'm at Crafting Connection and this year have registered for seven classes, with the most full on of them being Friday where I 'connected' not only with Ali Edwards & Donna Downey, but also met Nic in person (at long last) and Yolande, Rachel H & Lianne. Ladies whom I've been talking to online for ages, but never had the opportunity to meet IRL. Very, very cool people who are not only really talented but also very funny.



Wow that Yolande is a speedy scrapper!!! I had the pleasure of being sandwiched between her and Sandra (now that lady is a hard case!) in Donna's class and watching tears pouring down their faces at Donna's description of 'her man tool'


Things I learnt on Friday .......

...... that you shouldn't take your cutter OUT of your bag in order to fit something else IN and then forget to take it with you!(Thanks Yolande)!!

.... that you need to do a month of weights on one arm, in order to attend on of Nics' classes that entails 'hole detail'.

.... that when there is obviously a back and a front to something - then it's good to put the paper that's meant for the front, on the front and the paper that's meant for the back, on the back Arrrrrrrrrgh!

.... that cocktails are very expensive at the Intercontinental and beer will do the trick!




.... that some people (Wendy)?? just can't help but doodle, even when they are so tired that they are nearly asleep (check out the look on Nics face Lol)!


.... that if you don't have an SLR Camera, then it pays to sit at the front of the class in order to get decent photos arrrrrrrgh



.... and then there was the MEGA CROP! Check out the costumes!


Unfortunately we were all too buggered to do much but I DID manage to finish my ten swap pins in the first ten minutes - which had been my only goal for the night really.



more to come ....

8 comments:

Kirsty said...

Just dropped in quickly - awesome photos! Thanks for sharing that last one of Jo & I - wait until I post one up of you!

Marieke said...

Hi Ali, another quick drop-in from me as well. You're a good girl, at least you took photos! I had mine with me but only took two photos all weekend! And that was just on Saturday night. Bad scrapper! LOL

Anonymous said...

What a great weekend. Found my way here via Kirsty's blog. Great sitting next to you in 3 classes!

Jo

Lynda said...

Hi Ali, wasn't it an awesome weekend! Great to meet you in real life!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ali great to meet you (and introduce myself after I'd planted myself in your photo .. oops, sorry 'bout that!!)

nic said...

lol LOVE the WTF look on my face! lol

nic

Sandra said...

Hi Ali
I had a ball too. Very inspiring. Was cool to meet you in person.

Tracy said...

Hi Ali
I was at CC too but didn't get to meet you, I've found my to your blog via Nic's. Love your photo's too funny! Might get to meet you another time?