Friday, August 4

PRESSURE !!

Oh my goodness what a week!

Am just starting to get into the swing of my new job and whompha! called into a telephone conference with big Australian boss yesterday and asked if I was interested in a promotion! WHAT? After three weeks in the job, am going to be leading the Recruitment Solutions Team (all the officey, adminny type of recruitment), not really what I had intended to do with myself in this company, but an opportunity for advancement none the less. I have managed to keep the Sales and Marketing Division under that umbrella so am pretty happy to change divisions although a tad nervous as I haven't lead a team previously.

Guess I won't be auditioning afterall for the next show on the agenda as think I'm gonna need all my brainpower for working out sales targets etc.


Check out the pic of our great white hunter ... sitting on the deck waiting for the wood pigeon to make a wrong move - seriously just WHAT was he thinking - this bird is nearly bigger than him Lol!

(You can just see the pigeon in the top left of the picture).

Hopefully will be able to post some scrapping stuff tomorrow. That is, when I've finished sorting out the homework for CC NEXT weekend (don't panic)!!

I would love to be taking part in the dares from NO.8 Wire but am finding that there isn't quite enough time from Sat - Wednesday. ... maybe we could persuade Lianne and co to extend the deadlines (pleeeeeeeeeeese)! Have also been booked to do another MM Signature Class on 31st August so am looking forward to that.

Till tomorrow ... (surely Evana will have that baby soon)??

5 comments:

Kirsty said...

Hey, WTG Ali. That's awesome news. Go you.

Sandra said...

Well done Ali. They can obviously pick talent when they see it.

Anonymous said...

congrats ... so coolabout your promotion (like being head-hunted)!
and love that you've got a local wood pigeon (can't imagine the cat having much impact on a bird that size! lol)

Anonymous said...

hey thats exciting news on the promotion, looks like the best thing you did was leave your old role!! Go you!!! As for homework I have partly done mine!! I will owrry about the rest of it later lol

Mel said...

Well done on the promotion- what a buzz!

We used to get kereru in the garden when we lived in Tirohanga and we very occassioally get them now. Always remember Elliot (about 2) telling me there was an eagle in the garden (it was a woodpigeon).