Saturday, September 2

ABSENCE ...

... makes the heart grow fonder and I'm glad to be back.

To be honest, I just popped my foo foo valve, stressed at work in a new environment, managing a team for the first time ever, friend issues and then there's that whole August flu thing that always arrives ... luckily this year, it was AFTER Crafting Connection, whereas last year, it was in the middle.

I'm about to turn 40 next week and I'm still not getting it right LOL!

I've learnt some stuff in the past two weeks .....

... when I'm stressed and upset, I don't talk about it, I just burst into tears lots and withdraw into my shell. You'd think I'd know that by now right?

... I'm not sure that managing a team is for me ...... probably wasn't helped by the fact that one of the team members is (or was), one of my best friends ..... yup that's changed too and it breaks my heart.

... That some people are SO afraid of conflict, that they would rather lose a friendship, than try and resolve bad feeling ... I'm sorry but I just will NEVER understand that... and it really hurts.

... that I am really proud and will only take so much, before making the decision to let it go.

... that sometimes, you just gotta have a `friend cleanout' . You know, when you've been there for someone else time and time again, for a long time and deep down, you kind of knew they were a 'fair weather friend', but you kept supporting them anyway .... yup come on, you know you have friends like that. Sometimes the straw just breaks the camels back and whoompa!, it all becomes kind of clear ......... anyway ............... yeah it's been a crap couple of weeks.


On a more positive note, I'm ahead for the first time on my Circle Journals! (Well I was, until I just got Dallas's in my mail box).

This has been such an interesting little project but I'm really starting to enjoy it now.

Working to other people's tastes and formats is kind of challenging sometimes but also kinda cool.



Hee hee, this is the one that is winging it's way somewhere else as we speak ... such fun! ... and one from a few weeks ago ...


It's not all bad Lol!

9 comments:

Roo said...

Damn work can be sucky like that sometimes. Hope things are getting better for you. Hey sorry that I never made it to coffee with you on the Monday after CC but as you may know I had a wee accident in Wellington - oops!
Hugs

Anonymous said...

hey those afghans look good! Sometimes we need to go through some crap to come out the other side with inner stength.

Marieke said...

Uhm yeah what Janine said!
And we really have to have that coffee soon! (I'll drop you an email right now)

Kirsty said...

oh poor u Ali. Hate it when we get times like that. Chin up! Think a trip up to SENZ for some retail therapy with me would've been good for you yesterday (if I'd known!) Things can only get better!

Mel said...

Loved your comment about the 'friend cleanout' - been there ! It does get better.

Yolande said...

OH sending you some {{{{HUGS}}}} Ali. Take care dude. Thinking of ya and glad you can see some positives (CJ's) in amongst all that C**P.

Anonymous said...

CJ's looking great ... and hope the friend *spring-clean* gives you a fresh start. Loving those mini-books and look at all the cool recipes you're being inspired by!!

Anonymous said...

Ali, I'm with you on that one. I'm going through loads of crap with the PTA who I thought were friends.
Spend time with those who really make you happy...

Annie

Delys said...

They are not true friends then are they if they do all that carryon. You have to nurture friendships but some people are just on the take all the time. Good on you blowing them off! No one needs that!
Hey just got my SC today and was rapt to see your project in there! WTG girlie and yes you are a still a girl even at 40 ..says me who has just turned 40..lol!