It's raining cats and dogs outside and Craig is sitting on the Hutt riverbank whitebaiting in it. I on the other hand, am sipping a lovely hot coffee in front of his laptop ah bliss... Saturday without the kids! (meant in the nicest possible way of course). Living up on the hill, I can actually see the him in his red jacket ... getting cold and wet .. CRAZY? yes, but guess what we will be having for lunch??Like many others, I received my rejection email from the UP2SCRAP Design Team comp this week and was a tad disappointed, never mind, onwards and upwards, there will be other opportunities!!
However ... at last I have back in my hot little hand, my 'Confessions of a Virgo Scrapper' layout that appeared in the latest issue of Scrapbook Creations. Seems like an age ago that I last saw it.
Not the best pic of this layout, as doesn't really show it's true colours but it can't be any worse than the pic in Scrapbook Creations - it looks a tad on the Karitane yellow side Lol!
On the positive side though, can this mag get any better - it took me AGES to devour this issue .. from cover to cover, it is a seriously great read and there are some very familiar faces in the last issue too - nice work Trina and Marieke!
Have been doing a lot of Scrapbook promotion this week as I have discovered some closet scrapbookers amongst my new clients. It was hilarious - I went to visit Linda this week, in her place of employment and we spent an hour talking about scrapping before I even got around to taking down the job description - now that is what I call mixing business with pleasure! Actually, Linda has an eighteen yr old son who is a talented artist and like those of us with much younger kids, she has found that her scrapbook materials seem to migrate to his work desk on a regualr basis. Those of you in Wellington, DO NOT! be surprised if you come accross an extremely cute young man in some of Wendy's more alternative classes in coming months - I think he's hooked!



5 comments:
Awesone layout Ali!!! Love it. Sounds like you have had a busy wee time promoting scrapping, easy to do when your passionate about something.
I saw your LO IRL and know that no photo or print can do it justice! However am a tad annoyed that you got your complimentary copy of the mag ages ago an I'm still waiting on mine...
Hey and just looking at the first post that you've removed, did you get an unpleasant visitor?
Yes have had a couple this week actually - americans selling their own marketing websites and offering me jobs working from home etc. Obviously because I have kids and scrap - I don't have a proper job Lol!
finally got my issue today - loved that layout Ali! A few kiwis in there too which was nice:-)
I love all the layering. It has so much dimension. Thanks for sharing this.
Post a Comment