Sunday, September 10

SHE'S BACK

First can I just say a huge thanks to all those who left such wonderfully supportive comments on my blog last week - it really has been a crappy couple of weeks and your comments have been very welcome. Things have to improve sometime and when you walk into the bedroom to see this curled up on the bed, even old misery gutz here had to smile Lol (Having trouble posting the pic so will update this later)

This has been a really busy week ... again. Have been working on both my Up2Scrap entry as well as a sample for a class I'm taking at Kiwiscraps next weekend. It's gonna be a good class for those new to scrapping, so if you know anyone in this category, tell them to check out the Kiwiscraps website. I'm feeling seriously out of the loop as haven't had a chance to read many blogs in the last week or so .... so if there's any serious gossip I should know .... keep me posted!!!

Yes it's that time of the year again. Craig is an passionate whitebaiter and while it's not great for family life (although Bianca enjoys falling in the river with her dad on occasion), there are some benefits ... apart from the hours and hours of scrapping that being a whitebait widow frees up Lol!. On occasion, the Whitebaiter even feels guilty and I get served with breakky at 5am before he heads out. Whilst there are rare occasions where I take a chill pill and join him on on the riverbank, unfortunately an hour is about the longest I can sit still for, without thinking about the housework that could be getting done!
This was yesterday's haul which we ate for lunch. To be honest though, we get a bit whitebaited out by the end of the season and he ends up giving most of it away. ..... does that sound terrible? I remember on the odd occasion that we had whitebait as a kid, it was always 'padded out' with fritter mix to make it go around our family of five - there is no 'padding out' these days as you can see.

So although I wasn't feeling in the partying mood last Tuesday when I turned Forty (I think some of us enjoy that birthday and some of us freak out .... guess which option I took?) Crazy really, as I have never been one to worry about birthdays. Anyway, with 'friends' being the subject of the week, I decided that my close knit group of theatre friends were the ones I wanted to be with, so off to brunch we went last Sunday with the girls. Two of these awesome couples have just got engaged so there was lots of celebrating to be done! Love these guys!!

More later....thanks again xxx











7 comments:

Sandra said...

Hey Ali. Nice to hear from you again. Happy Birthday for last week. (I know, it sounds like you're in denial)
Good on you for the up2Scrap entry. I love your stuff (hint..keep posting piccies)

Roo said...

That tag album looks very cool, need to see more though. Happy 40th, (mine is next year)Like how you celebrated with friends.

Mel said...

Sounds like a delightful way to celebrate your 40th if you ask me! Happy birthday wishes.

And when you're all whitebaited out - ship some of it my way!LOL!

PS Walked past your place twice in the past 2 days - I'm on a walking binge!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated 40th. Glad to read your feeling better too.

Annie

Anonymous said...

Love the tag book ... is that your Kiwiscraps class?? And happy birthday ... birthdays are fun ... the numbers don't really matter!! (unless it means you get a bigger pressie .. as I said to my parents one year when they tried to age me too early!!)

Anonymous said...

Love the tag book ... is that your Kiwiscraps class?? And happy birthday ... birthdays are fun ... the numbers don't really matter!! (unless it means you get a bigger pressie .. as I said to my parents one year when they tried to age me too early!!)

Anonymous said...

Sorry ... did a double like Mel!!