Ok so having had some frustrations with Blogger I have now shifted over to Blogger Beta and wow what a difference - super fast for a start! Anyway, as I was trying to say when I was so rudely interrupted by Blogger ... Waikawa ROCKED!
We had so much fun and obviously although we were only there for a few days, I took a lot of pics (I mean it's not every day that I take a break from the world - but I must have needed it. I slept like a log while I was away and it's taken me half the week to get back into work Lol!
Having a well earned break seems to have re charged my scrapping batteries - was starting to have some negative thoughts about the whole scrapping thing but then .... yup, I picked up Cathy Z's new book for a read and what do you know .... Perspective
reigns again.This being the case, I have decided that our family need a 'HOLIDAYS' Album and created about five layouts since my return. The layouts aren't flash, I use the same paper all the way through - loving that Karen Foster paper!, there's no stitching and very few embellishments but I love it! I have even taken over the dining room table (very naughty of me, as we do make an effort to eat there as a family when we have the kids!) anyway, they will both be home today so I guess I will have to lug everything upstairs again.
In other news .... I am pretty sad about this, but am not going to Scrap Camp (AGAIN). My weight has really been bugging me, I am at the heaviest I have ever been and I needed to do something about it (hence my new album entitled "Minimize Me") and any spare cash going to those lovely wee boxes of food :(
Yes, two weeks ago I joined JENNY CRAIG and to be honest, I wondered why on earth I haven't done this before. I just don't have the time or motivation at the moment to focus on Weight Watchers although have tried WW sucessfully and unsucessfully over the years.Anyway, lI ost 1.6 kilos in my first week and can honestly say that I don't mind the food, there are less arguments in our house as I'm not continually telling Craig what NOT to put into the dinners he loves to cook and I haven't felt hungry at all.
Enough for now ... Watch this diet space!
I also wanted to share this layout with you. This was created a few weeks ago after Caitlin spent the weekend with her girlfriend before she unfortunately shifted to Auckland.
I had so much fun creating this layout and was determined to use some of Christina's Greener Pastures paper which worked well here.
Wow what a long post...will catch you later xx



8 comments:
Ali, good luck with the weight loss, I am currently in the process of trying to lose weight as well and have quite a bit to lose. I too found myself at my heaviest with 5 months until my wedding and thought get your %^&% together girl and lose that weight...have been working on it slowly on a Low GI Diet for the past 2 months with Nikki Hart and getting there. The Jenny Craig Meals look awesome...
Way to go on your results.
I'm at my heaviest too and following a Low GI like Debs to. I'm losing very slowly but I'm hoping I will eventually get there.
I love your page layouts. Very cool and inspiring.
Love ya lay6outs Ali. Looks like it's going to be a great holiday album. Go you on the weight loss. It isn't easy as we know. I need to get back on the bandwagaon.
WTG Ali on making that decision to go to JC and loosing 1.6kg already. Great start. I know its hard working full time but I've found exercise REALLY helps. Perhaps go walking in your lunch hour. Glad u had a great wkend in Waikawa.
Good luck with Jenny Craig, Ali. The hardest thing is walking in there the first time and you've done that. It is a never ending struggle for me,too. Everyday I look at this quote I have stuck up next to the computer "It's not that some people have willpower and some don't, it's that some people are ready to change and others are not". Good on you for being "ready to change".
Your Lo's are gorgeous Ali. What a precious trip away to not only have time for family but find your perspective again. Awesome!
Good luck with JC.
Welcome to the wagon the Jenny Craig one that is I joined a week ago as well but only lost 1 kilo this week. Never 1 is better than none. Enjoying the food though.
I loved Jc and lost a lot on that programme (10 years ago now) Hubby also did it too. Good on ya!
And totally loving your Los ..just awesome stuff Ali!
Post a Comment