Yup it's been a whole year this weekend that Craig, Bianca, Caitlin and I moved in together. You know, the whole 'blended family' thing. The following lessons have been learnt...
1) No matter who I live with, I still struggle with my weight
2) I'm still really pedantic about a tidy house
3) I still like my own space
4) I still get PMT every month
5) I'm still better with animals than people
Yes it is fair to say that Bianca and Caitlin should probably live together as they get on so well and Craig and my ex husband should probably live together, as they too get on really well and I, well I should live somewhere else and just visit on occasion Lol!
Seriously, when I tick off what we have what we have been through together (mania, depression, unemployment, a Bi Polar diagnosis, re-employment, medication, moving in together etc etc) you would think we would have it together by now but no, our house is still a fairly volatile place to live at times, to the point where you have to wonder whether it's all worth it....
The you see your kids playing wonderfully together, your thirteen year old hunched over your partner's shoulder bargining over trade me or cooking pancakes together in complete harmony, you get a hug from your 'semi' daughter and a request to "make a page for her album" and everything seems ok again.
Anyway, after a horrible stroppy week, we appear to be smooth sailing again and ready for another year ... Dear Lord, thank you for Lithium and Love.
Watch this space :)
Monday, October 23
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
One year eh? Well done and congrats. I know it can't be easy at times. here's a {hug} to get you through the rough patces.
I think I may need your domestic skills to help me tidy up my house... I kind of wish I was a neat freak so it wouldn't get so out of hand at times. Ugh!
I think we can all relate to that feeling that everyone gets on ok except when we walk in the room. Peminant PMS my dh calls it.
Sounds like a rough year but you made it.
I'm a virgo too like the tidy house bit but seem to struggle with actually getting it done.
Well said - cool post Ali :-)
congrats on surviving a year.
Congratulations on the year, Ali! I'm still waiting for it to get easier, there are glimmers of harmony, and then there is the other side LOL.
Post a Comment