Wednesday, November 15

LONG TIME NO BLOG

Woke up with my eyes out on stalks this morning after attending Caitlin's school prizegiving last night. It was probably a longer night than intended as my old principal was retiring after 26 years. Spooky to think that this lady went to school with my mother, was then my College Principal and is now Caitlin's College Principal. Imagine having so much impact on the lives of so many young women. Whilst it was a really special night, Caits and I left the house at 7.20am complete with lunch and dinner and got home at 11pm. Needless to say I left her to sleep today and I lasted about half a day in the office and came home with a thumping headache.

Another busy week and I am chuffed to say that I have actually achieved an application to the SHOP AND CROP Design Team. My second ever entry to a Design Team Call. Ok so it was a little panicky towards the end with Craig planning to be back from Auckland at 4pm, but being held up in traffic with laptop in the car and deadline looming, but yeah I did it! GO ME! He and Caitlin cooked a gorgeous WW dinner for me whilst I rushed to send it off .... love those guys!

One of the altered projects I created for my application used the new MM 'Ready to Glitter Stickers which were incredibly effective, there are hearts and flowers, letters and other shapes so give them a go, it was fun, if not a tad messy. I used micro beads instead of the glitter you are supposed to use and it still worked fairly well.

Thanks to all the lovely ladies who have left messages on my blog this week. That's what I love about the hobby we share ... even though we are located all over the world, we share so much.
I am also nearly finished the mock ups for the rest of my classes for the year and am very excited about sharing them with my fellow scrappers. There have been a few late nights but I think it has been worth it. Sneak peaks to come!
Off to bed now.... yawning again
Spot ya




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you going for the shop and crop team good luck. I am far too disorganised to do something like that and always struggle with the off the page item.
So are you no longer going to JC?

Mel said...

Isn't it amazing that the school year is nearly over - again!Much as I love the personal time I get during term time I love the freedom of the school holidays - no running around to after school stuff. Bring on Christmas!

Marieke said...

It's so nice to see how you finished that OTPP, I can get a good idea of what it looks like after only seeing it painted at the weekend.
Good luck on the Shop and Crop DT search!