Yup I'm back and really glad to be, although we did have a wonderful time up at Waikawa Beach where we have been since Dec 23rd. If we repeat this little stint next Christmas, which we probably will, please remind me not to try and get to the beach the day AFTER finishing work ..... first dumb idea of the season I tell you!
Please also remind me not to put 'Gucci Designer Cat' in the back seat and 'Peppy Escape Artist' in the front seat. Was a noisy trip up to Waikawa, as I'm sure Gucci felt that he should have had the front seat as he is the oldest Cat! Seriously, what is with this kitten? When you put her in a box and close the lid, she has to escape, but when you open the lid completely so she is free to roam, she gets into the box and travels really happily. Was a great idea to take them with us, Gucci settled in immediately (well after, trampling all over us on the first night looking for the dog that had obviously stayed in the house the week before!)and Peppy, well Peppy never really settled in, but I was glad she was with us for cuddles rather than home alone hunting wood pigeons!!
Have not uploaded all the pics yet, but we had some seriously average weather up there - warm and grey ... secretly I was thrilled, as I have to be the only Kiwi that dislikes the whole Kiwi summer beach thing, anyway, by the time we came home, I was wound down sufficiently to "walk on the beach" and get some great pics of our time there.It was also wonderful to have both kids with us on Christmas Eve - the first time in 4 years that we have managed that one!! It's times like this when you appreciate the friendly relationship that you and your ex have worked hard to create. Bryn is a sweetie and I know he missed having Caits on Christmas Day.
Just thought I would leave you with one of the last layouts I finished before leaving ... unfortunately after all my efforts, I just ran out of time to enter the Fancy Pants comp but am glad I had the opportunity to play with these papers, they rock!




4 comments:
Welcome back Ali! Love the cat antics in the car..poor you! Wow that Lo is stunning Ali..must get me some of those papers! Yummo!
Oh this was worth the wait, it's a gorgeous LO... well done.. You have used those papers perfectly.
Glad you had a great holiday, I do hope you have a great New Year.
welcome back from holiday!! um your a brave woman taking the cats with you let alone travelling in that traffic at the time of the year :-) Lovely layout!!
What a great LO!
Post a Comment