Wednesday, May 30

PROGRESS!

Bizarre really how you can be driving home on the motorway stressing over all the crappy flats you've seen in the inner city and wondering how on earth landlords can justify the prices they are charging... and the phone goes ..... and it's your oldest, bestest friends that you haven't seen since their wedding .... and they tell you that their tenants have just moved out of their modern, 3 bdm townhouse and would Caitlin and I like to rent it? .... and would we like use of the spa pool on their deck?? and by the way, if you want to do anything to it as it's looking a little weatherbeaten - feel free to and let us know how much it costs......... seriously!
So yup, Caits, Gucci designer cat and I are moving out to Whitby and life will move on...... unfortunately, my 'steely' "I'm ok about all this" stance kind of fell apart yesterday and I ended up coming home from work in a screaming heap - how embarrassing!! Anyway, I have decided to take a couple of days off work in order that I can feel free to collapse in a screaming heap whenever I like Lol! rather than in front of rather bemused 22, 23, and 25yr old staff members.
Am also just about to go and purchase a laptop which means I will be able to work 24hrs a day, instead of twelve Lol! and given that I will be a little further away from town than I am presently, will be able to leave a little earlier and still continue to work remotely if need be. I also have another little project up my sleeve so watch this space!
Was Craig's birthday on Sunday and a very strange day it was with boxes all around us and the house looking like a complete shambles - It all really started kicking in. I framed this layout of Bianca for him - I have got no idea what I will do with all the layouts I have done over the past couple of years - may just pack them up and bring them out when I'm a little stronger?
Thanks too to all the lovely ladies who read my blog, who have sent their best wishes - they are treasured!!
Enough for now, have to go and sign lease agreements, call my boss in Aussie and explain that her Wgtn Team Leader has gone nuts and assure her that end of month billings will still happen in my absence .... will be back soon.
xx Ali


5 comments:

Sharon said...

Hope all goes well with the move and that things get a bit better for you

Anonymous said...

Hi Ali, Chin up babe. Things will all work out even if they do take time. Would love to catch up for that coffee - just holla when you have a spare moment in that hectic life of yours. Hugs - Kirsty H.

Lara said...

love that you have somewhere to go to! more cyber hugs!

Mel said...

So pleased everything is working out.You will come out the other side of this a better person.(And a little melt down occassionally never hurt anyone - not even the onlookers!)

Delys said...

Oh shit Ali, just caught up with your news....big big hugs from me.
You will get through this...you can do it! Wish i was down your way so I could give you a hand moving. Be strong but know that you are only human and its good to let it all out when you need to.
xxx
Delys