Sunday, July 22

THE STORY OF THE HAT!

Ok so it was co-incidental that I happened to run out of milk first thing Saturday morning and needed to visit the local grocery store. And it was also co-incidental that the Whitby brownies were having a craft stall right in the doorway of the mall and I couldn't help but stop and admire their produce (as any good local should right)?

Was it also co-incidental then that I should be faced with the junior salesperson of the century? A freckle faced kid who was upset because nobody was buying the hats she had so lovingly created. As her mum pointed out to her, it was such a lovely day yesterday, that no-one was buying hats ..... well nearly no one. Yup, you guess it, I am now the proud owner of a hat, made by a Whitby brownie who had the presence of mind, when I told her that I just needed to go and do my groceries, that "she could put one on 'SAVE' for me". SOMEONE HIRE THAT KID!


This litte event, made me chuckle all day and I decided to spend the rest of it, making a huge mess in my house and not worry about bits of ribbon and stamps and cardstock that found their way to the floor of the lounge. Not only did I get my next class organised for Craft House, but I opened the box that had just arrived on my doorstep and ..........................


.......... Check out a sneak preview of one of the latest stamps from the new Spring Mini Catalogue from STAMPIN' UP hmmmmmmm .... who needs to worry about their doodling ability when you are possession of this stamp.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ali, sounds exactly like something i would do if i saw a stall...Have a great week!

Sharon said...

Cute hat :)

Sharlene Meyer said...

The card looks great, Ali! Hope you are having fun with your new stuff!

Lara said...

LOVE your hat! did you wear it to work? v. cool stamp :-)