I've had a lot of time to think in the past six weeks ... where I've come from, where I'm going and what's important to me. I've been sad, I've been mad, I've been sick and I've been depressed. I've been happy, I've been anxious, I've been positive and motivated. I have also had the opportunity to do something that I've never had the opportunity to do before ... be a stay at home mum.
You'd better believe it! I've spent the first school holidays EVER with Caits, I've read books, I've done the ironing over Dr Phil, I've painted, I've scrapbooked, I've built shelving units, I've redecorated bedrooms. I've had time to plan my meals and shopped healthily, I've reconnected with some old friends, I've gone back to Weight Watchers, I've started exercising regularly, I've started a mosaics class, finalised my will, watched some DVDs, taken some pics, made lists and goals and decisions and have updated my cv. Where I go next is yet to be decided, but one thing I am certain of .... wherever it it is, I will be in a better place.
I'm not sure how many of you remember 'The Bugaloos', but while I missed the deadline
for this particular 'NZ Dare', the theme really motivated me and was running around in my head, so when ScrapPink night came along, I used it
for my 'page of the day' entry. The journalling behind the circular bit reads as follows .... One of my favourite childhood memories was watching a television programme called 'The Bugaloos'. Funnily enough, I don’t remember the names of the characters, but remember the theme song like it was yesterday. (I actually went as far as googling it on’ You Tube’ the other day and was singing loudly when Caitlin came into the room and gave me the best ‘'disgusted teenager look’ she could drum up). I also remember the costumes, with their pointy collars and the fact that these teenagers wore bug wings on their backs, enabling them to escape from the evil clutches of their arch enemy “Benita Bizarre” who, for some reason, lived in a giant jukebox..Thankyou NZ Dares for helping me to relive this memory!
Another finished layout - I'm on a roll. It's all gonna stop when I find a new role so I gotta make the most of it!Hope this finds everyone in blogland well. A thousand thanks to my scrapbooking friends who have been so supportive in the last few weeks. You know who you are I'm sure, just please know, how much your keeping in touch has meant to me.
Cheers
Ali



5 comments:
Very cool layouts - and now I can't get that song out of my head. Enjoy being a SAHM :)
Welcome back to blogland Ali. so glad for you that you have found a 'happier place' to be. Love the bugaloo LO.....yes I remember them...and the song lol.
Lovely to see you back, Ali! I hope things continue to get better for you. And I love the layouts.
Your layouts are gorgeous. It sounds like such a great place you've organised yourself into.
Good to hear that you've sorted things out and that life is happier
Post a Comment