Thursday, January 3

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I can't believe that again it has been such a long time since I blogged ... Xmas has been and gone, as has our holiday at Waikawa beach and New Year's Eve is just a distant memory now.

According to Caits, the new blue tee shirt, trendy shorts and Ipod were a success, the sports sunglasses aren't getting much use as sunglasses, but look good perched on ones head apparently and even the NCEA Accounting Study book was appreciated although I got jip from my ex husband for giving such a serious gift to our daughter for Xmas. (Wasn't me, twas Santa!)

The four, 6 x 6 albums I completed for my nieces and nephew for Xmas, went down really well too, although I was in such a hurry to complete them that I forgot to take a pic of them.

We had a bit of a bizarrely bad Xmas/New Year period after the fantastic weeks preceding the holiday season, with two friends diagnosed with Cancer and two 'inlaw' related family deaths within a week, but I'm sure 2008 will come right .... it's got to right?

Waikawa was awesome - the weather was great, the kids had a ball and I got three books read, walked everyday and even managed a wee bit of scrapping.

We had made the decision to take both cats up with us, rather than getting the neigbours to feed them which has worked really well for us for the past two years and was working well again, until 'Gucci Designer Cat' went missing on New Years' Eve after a particularly noisy night of quad bikes and fireworks.

I am worried sick about him and are hoping and praying that he isn't locked in an unoccupied house or that someone picks him up and takes him to the vet. Whilst we came home on Tuesday, I went up to Waikawa again last night with 200 flyers and a couple of posters for the local noticeboards and did a mailbox drop, but haven't been getting much sleep to be honest. Halo doesn't understand where her big playmate is and is sticking very close to me - poor little thing.
Anyway, must go and download the rest of the holiday snaps and catch up with the goss...
xx

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Hi Ali. Well done on the successful Xmas present purchases. Teens can be tricky lol. Sounds like you had a great break away. I hope you find Gucci soon. It must be hard with him missing so far away.

Lara said...

hugs with your friends & their diagnosis & deaths in the family - seems to be the time of year for it... Hope Gucci turns up soon. Happy photo uploading :-)

Mel said...

Such a worry when pets go missing - have you contacted the local radio station/vets? Good luck