I have just had the most bizarre birthday ever. I arrived at work with a thumping headache, sniffly nose and hot and cold shivers and was tucked up at home in bed by 2pm having cancelled my birthday drinks with colleagues and a birthday lunch with a client. Luckily I happen to have moved in with the best nursemaid in Aotea and the first thing I knew was at 6pm when he bought me some soup and toast and a specially purchased NZ Womans Weekly and asked me if we were still going out for my birthday dinner. He then provided me with a couple of extremely generous vouchers from my favourite clothes shop - Zebrano. If I hadn't been feeling so crappy, I would have been turning cartwheels!
Yes we are all moved in as of a couple of weeks ago and whilst things have been a tad crazy, no one has killed anyone else yet ... which is a good thing I think!
We do however, have a bit of a cat dilemma - I of course had two and Craig had two and four is just too many cats, even for a cat person. 'Halo' nearly ended up next door, but the neighbours decided that even though they had encouraged her over to their place to sit on their couch with them every day for the past six months, that having their own cat again was just too much too handle ... go figure!
Gucci of course was not even up for discussion and so it came down to Peppy and the latest addition ... Ollie.
Craigs ex wife offered to look after Ollie however, has caused a falling out with her existing cat Sherbert and now things are only middling at the ex's place ... SOOOOOOOOO does anyone want a really really cute and affectionate little tabby who has lots and lots of personality and gives lots and lots of hugs??? Go on, you know you do!
Gucci of course was not even up for discussion and so it came down to Peppy and the latest addition ... Ollie.
Craigs ex wife offered to look after Ollie however, has caused a falling out with her existing cat Sherbert and now things are only middling at the ex's place ... SOOOOOOOOO does anyone want a really really cute and affectionate little tabby who has lots and lots of personality and gives lots and lots of hugs??? Go on, you know you do!
In other news, our lovely friends Dave and Nicky have just moved back to Whitby this weekend, along with Baby Beth, Mac and Harley (the mutts) but sadly without their gorgeous cat Gizmo who became ill suddenly and passed away the day they shifted. It was so great to see them today albeit a little sad and surrounded by boxes, but over here all the same. Even better, is the fact that I get to play Grunty Ali tomorrow, to this young lady. I can't wait!



2 comments:
Bummer about the cats. The neighbours kitten is trying to move in with us, and we are having none of it. We already have two cats and a dog. Hope the birthday shopping is fun once you get to it.
cute baby, sorry about the cat dilemma... we only have the one and want to keep it that way!
Post a Comment