When I look back at the changes she has had in her 16 years of life, I wonder have we been good enough parents or more importantly how much damage have we done?
Is her independent streak, the result of being a boomerang kid or has this just added to her strong character and ability to be flexible? Is she a born diplomat, because she has needed to be .. living between divorced parents?
Is her competitive nature the result of having lived with a sales focussed working mum, or her fantastic cooking skills, the result of the same working mum being too tired to cook anything too fancy at night?
Does her love of travel and adventure come from the fact she has moved house 15 times in ten years and does her empathy for the underdog, come from a place, that I don't even want to remember.
I love this kid so much. I really hope she takes her gorgeous character and does something really awesome with it!



No comments:
Post a Comment