Tuesday, December 13

IS IT FRIDAY YET?

Well well well, here we are at Tuesday again. I was SURE that it was pay day last night and that I had been robbed when I checked my account on the net this morning but PHEW! it's only Tuesday and all of that happens tonight.....

I am absolutely knackered having been on the road this morning from 7.15am in an effort to be SUPER MUM!

Caitlin had her Year 12 leavers dinner last night which was a stupendous affair. Fourteen, Year Twelve kids and their parents met for pre dinner drinks in a room that had been formally laid out with white tableclothes, black balloons, silver stars and mirror ball placesettings with their names attached in Silver. (I have a sneaking suspicion that her Headmistress is a frustrated scrapper in the making!!)

It looked totally gorgous but by the time the parents were banished to the local pub for dinner and received our "come back text" from the staff, it was almost 9.15. A couple of speeches and a singsong later and it all went on until 10.30 pm which made our half an hour trip home start looking a little long. Anyway ... this morning a very tired 12yr old was dragged out of bed at 6am in order to be across town at 8.10am for a rehearsal for yet another leaver's function tomorrow. PLEASE tell me why I have just shifted as far a way as I possibly could, from her school??

1 comment:

Kirsty said...

Hiya Ali
Finally found your blog. Have been really enjoying everyone's blogs so succumbed to setting one up for myself. Have a great Xmas & New Year if I don't see you again before then.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!