
Latest pic of Bianca (my nearly stepdaughter)

Caitlin at her Leavers Dinner with her Dad - talking about Peas in a Pod!!
I've been told to get BLOGGING! as I have been a slack little blogger (that's 'blogger') this week - too many things to do and a sick kid on top! All the late nights of the week before last were just too much for Caitlin and she has had 'her' version of the flu ... Conjuntivitis, runny nose AND a cold sore to top it all off ... poor kid, she only just made it to the last day of school and even then didn't get there until lunchtime.
2005 has been interesting to say the least ... now let me think
We've been through the Bi polar diagnosis thing and out the other side, resulting in permanent employment for Craig and a new job which he loves!!!
I've studied sucessfully for the first time since college, but as a result, lost my recruiting mojo, which will have to return very soon in order for me to achieve all the things I want to achieve next year.
I didn't get a new job, have a new baby or go on an overseas trip, but have gained a new family and a new 'nearly' stepdaughter which is very cool.
I've put on 13 kilos since this time last year but have just taken off 6 kilos through 10 weeks of Weightwatchers, so there is hope for me yet!

I have been accepted for publication in For Keeps (sneaky peak above) and have a lot of scrapping goals for 2006.
I haven't performed in any theatre this year but have a couple of options up my sleeve for next year.
All in all, life is good! Roll on 2006 and my big 4 0!!



7 comments:
WTG on the For keeps Ali...I saw your name there.Well done! Sounds like youve had an up and down year this year. Good on you losing the weight and studying sucessfully...man you are a supermum too...working, raising a family...wow!
What an inspiring blog, Ali . Well done on all the things you've achieved this year, and as for that weight loss......huge WELL DONE !! Love the scrap book page (she says- envious of the talent !) Don't worry about the big 40 - its not so bad- and its true what they say about the 'naughty 40's' - I'll say no more! (wink!)
Sounds like a busy year - hope 2006 brings lots of joy, laughter and loads of memories to preserve (hehehehe - any excuse to scrap right?) Just thoguht I would pop in and wish you a very Merry Xmas and a fantastic New year - look forward to seeing your work in print - sneaky look "looks" good. Congrats
Sounds like you had a good year. Congrats on being published in FK. Layout looks great from what I can see. Keep up the good work - scrapping and weight watchers.
Ali - sounds like a great year to me. Having turned 40 this year I can definitely tell you that you have nothing to fear - it is a wonderful time of life - look forward to it!
congrats on getting accepted in For Keeps - I'll look out for it! (I had seen your name on the submissions page). I'd love to know your secret!
Congrats Ali. Thanks for opening up your blog for comment too!!
You've certainly achieved lots in 2005, and many plans for 2006 as well. Isn't it fun to share by blogging - now you've heaps of mates to keep you on track and be excited with you.
Post a Comment