Monday, January 9

BACK TO WORK ... BACK TO REALITY?

Well here we are, first day back at work and the first thing I find are a whole lot of comments from my blogging mates that I never knew I had received due to the settings on here being up the wop! Wow! made my day, they did so thanks everyone (and here was me thinking that no one loved me).

Am pleased to report that I, Ali Williams have survived a week of camping ... Actually, while we are on that subject, why is it that I am the only person in the world (or so it seems) that doesn't really enjoy that whole camping experience?

I mean, to be fair, it is kind of pleasant between 4 - 11pm when you can sit outside under the trees and chill out with a gin. But when all is said and done, the housework, or rather 'tentwork' doesn't go away, the kids clothes still need washing, you still need to eat (albeit with greater difficulty) and then there is that horrible thing called 'a beach', which tends to be populated by those who love camping.

My personal research has shown that beaches attract skinny people by the dozen!. I mean, if I wanted to lie on a beach and look like a whale, I would have joined Greenpeace a long time ago.

Anyway, unfortunately those around me, love the camping experience and so off we went, car so full that we could hardly move and naturally no room for paper, pics or glue HUMPH!

MENTAL NOTE TO ONESELF..... lose another 20 kg before next camping trip so that Auntie Dorris arms aren't such an issue
........ take more gin! .............. take extra tent for teenage girls so that their 'product' doesn't keep spilling out over your side of the tent ........ don't have 'anti camping' tantrum and take off home for a few hours before telling your beloved that his golf clubs are in the boot of the car ...... take more gin .......... and last but not least, don't fight with your beloved, fifteen minutes before New Year Countdown and ruin your night and his!

1 comment:

Lara said...

I agree with the amount of work that camping creates but I do love escaping the phones (go where there's no cell coverage) - also great photo ops. As for teenage girls and another tent - absolutely (I'd almost want a tent just for me and everyone else can share - not sure dh would agree!).