What a GREAT day!!!
Not only did I get off my butt and actually visit some clients (it's been a while I can tell you), but .... Caitlin is home safe and sound, as brown as a berry and healthy to boot (although she does have a very sunburnt bottom from snorkelling yesterday).
Her dad and I picked her up from the airport this morning just after the Wellington weather packed in ... actually we thought they had left her behind as she was the last one off the plane ... couldn't walk very fast due to limitations of sunburnt bottom apparently. We were particularly proud parents when a couple of the leaders came to us at the airport and said what an amazing kid we have, ... You always wonder about how they behave when you're not around, so PHEW!
Whilst I haven't spent a lot of time with her yet, I gather that she had a lovely time, except for the food (not a big Taro lover) and the cockroaches in the showers. Her highlight was teaching the little children in one of the poorer villages they stayed in 'The Twist' and bartering for presents for us at the markets ... "we have new baby to feed, come in my shop" was the common theme to the conversation apparently.
Anyway, she is home safe and happy and best of all - APPARENTLY THERE IS A CD OF PHOTOS ON IT"S WAY!!!!!!
Am off to the Theatre with my mum tonight as Craig is away - can see that it's going to be a late one as still need to stick the final bits of Kate's present on tonight when I get home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Sounds like Caitlin had a great time. Will be great to get the photos.
Hi there Ali. Happy New Year!
Thought I should let you know that I've been enjoying "lurking" in your blog and reading what you've been up to. Loved reading about your "fun" (not) camping experience! lol. Hope Caitlyn enjoyed Fiji. Looking forward to catching up with you again sometime soon at KS hopefully.
wow - away for a week & then you add heaps here! I love the colours you are using in your layouts - gorgeous.
Post a Comment