Monday, January 16

LOTS OF BITS AND BOBS

Firstly can I just say that I MISS MY BABY GIRL! Only two more sleeps until she is back from Fiji. I heard from the wife of one of the leaders on Sat and apparently the Coup thing has only JUST raised it's head in the papers there and the situation hasn't changed much in the past six months. Up until Thursday last week, the coup hadn't even been mentioned over there. Apparently, the kids are completely unaware of the political situation and are sweltering in 35degree heat but having a lovely time ..... needless to say, I will still be VERY glad to get her back on New Zealand soil.









Obviously I'm missing Caitlin, as I kidnapped her cousin Kate yesterday in order to get some pics for her birthday pressie (a HUGE Blackboard Canvas that I need to have finished by Thursday!) She put in her order after seeing the one I did in Wendy's class last year. As I am STILL camera-less, I also borrowed my Brother in law's wonderful Olympus camera - ooooooooh I envy those who have a camera at their disposal all day, every day! I took HEAPS of pics and just can't wait before I actually KNOW what I'm talking about, when it comes to photography. I think Kate enjoyed being with her Auntie Ali for a while - as the second to oldest of four kids, it must have been nice to have someone focus on 'just her' for half an hour.


Have been very proactive on the scrapping front and have just sent four submissions away to 'For Keeps'. Feels good actually, now I can just get on and scrap for 'me' for the next little while.

4 comments:

dallas said...

Gosh she's an attractive girl, Ali!
Bet she had a ball with you. Good luck with your submissions, I got brave and submitted a few, but I ain't holding my breath! lol

Mel said...

What lovely photos, Ali. And what a kind aunty you are!

Mel said...

Now that I've just looked at your lovely photos again - I've tagged you - check out my blog to see what you have to post about!

Delys said...

Awesome photos Ali! Like your LO sneak peek too...fingers crossed for you!