Tuesday, January 31

...ON QUEENSTOWN, FRIENDS AND PARTNERS

YEAH I"M HOME!

Yup you guessed it. Was on my way home from our lovely, romantic, pre-conference weekend in Queenstown and end up getting stuck in Christchurch on Sunday night.

Talking about bad luck! If it wasn't bad enough that I was stuck in Christchurch due to the fog situation in Wellington, feeders of 'Gucci - Designer Cat' were unavailable past Sunday night, my cell phone battery was dangerously low and I was also about to be minus Craig for a week (always a bit stressful due to my stupid anxiety disorder thingee that only raises it's head when he is away). Anyway, luckily a frantic call to an old friend resulted in me being able to cadge a room for the night albeit amongst boxes, as she was shifting the next day. It was a funny way for Gill and I to catch up, but we were both thrilled to be able to have a natter - even if it was on the way to and from the airport.

Queenstown rocked! We arrived on Friday afternoon to sweltering 35 deg heat and boy did we suffer. We ate and drank and laughed and visited and I was basically able to introduce Craig to some of my oldest and dearest friends which was great . . . always hard when they loved my ex husband to bits but everyone behaved and now Craig will know who I am talking about when I ramble on about the good ol days.

I finally got back at 3pm Monday (too late to work and too late to enjoy my forced day off) and was greeted by copious amounts of purring and proud displays of dead weta all over the lounge ... whose a clever boy then?



If that wasn't enough, a trip to the loo at 4.30 this morning saw me narrowly escape standing on the the body of a baby field mouse that was proudly displayed on the floor of our ensuite aaaaaaarrrrrrgh when will it stop?? I wonder what it will be tonight .... I have visions of waking up and finding the next door neighour lying on the doorstep with proud hunter standing above him!

No comments: