Monday, March 13

FAT LADY's TOGS

Firstly can I just say a huge thanks to those who stop by my blog and leave messages. It's really appreciated and makes me all gooey inside.

OK so I've told you how grumpy I get when I'm not excercising? Come on, I must have ... well sick and tired of not being able to walk as per normal cause of this silly broken toe, I dragged Caitlin into Ballyntynes on Saturday and purchased a cheap pair of yucky brown togs with orange stripes.... they are soooooooooo gross that hopefully no-one will figure that it's me waddling up to the waters edge. NOW all I have to do, is to persuade myself to get from the changing room to the pool - DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD I HAVE TO TALK TO MYSELF TO DO THIS!!!!!

Will let you know whether I ever progress from the changing room to the pool .... tomorrow.

Anyway, onto more exciting things than the sight of me in togs .....

I finished my KIWISCRAPS BLOKES layout yesterday (WOOHOO) and I have to admit that I kind of like it, although it is so totally not like my style of scrapping. I've got no idea how you ladies that are blessed with little boys scrap male oriented layouts so successfully, but I take my hat off to you (well it's better than taking my togs off to you Lol)!!!

Trouble is, I can't put a pic of it up as you guessed it ... still don't have a camera. Actually I now have several completed layouts that I can't post which is really frustrating, so for your viewing pleasure today, I'll give you a look at the blue eyes that I share with my daughter ... and my cat (who incidentally is no relation)! ... wow I didn't realise til today just how different our mouths are - she's got her dad's gums Lol!

7 comments:

Donna said...

I can identify with the boy layout thing... my son is 2 yrs older than my daughter & has half as many LOs.
Lovely blue eyes. I reckon cats pick their owners!!?

Delys said...

LOL @ the togs! Hope you made it to the pool! I have a problem doing boy Los too..not enough embellishments I think ...will have to buy some more lol!
Lovely Blue eyes sparkling there!
Youre going to have to start saving for your own digital ...they arent too expensive!

Kirsty said...

Lol re the swimming. Don't worry what others are thinking! Wendy & I go around 9am when most people are either at work or gone to school so the pool is amazingly quiet - just lots of other Mums in there all trying their best to do a bit of exercise. Come join us if you want. You'll feel great after.

Anonymous said...

congrats on your blokes layout - great to complete! and fun too??

Mel said...

Good on you about the pool thing. I also hate it but when my kids were small I got over myself - if I didn't swim, they didn't. And anyway most people aren't looking at you (and the one or two that are - tough!). Go for it!

Anonymous said...

Ali, hey how are you....that photo of you and your daughter is just gorgeous. those eyes.....
i often take photo of Emma and I like that on my mobile, but when they are printed out they look like crap because there is not enough pixels on my camera....sob sob.....

glad you finally got your copy of FK> Designer Cat is divine. And that cat....
soooo cute. I bet it gets lots and lots of attention......

steph x

Rach H said...

so have you done it yet Ali?? Taken that quick dash from the changing room to the edge of the pool with NO towel??? You can do it. I too have to get over myself + my extra padding!!!
And WOW to the blue eyes!!!
And you know i find boy Lo's easier than girls.
Rach