Wednesday, March 29

I DEDICATE TODAYS 'SNEAKY PEAK' TO ...

LARA ... I so know where you were coming from re your comments on distressing patterned paper. So this one's for you babe! Sanded basic grey on chipboard- my fav.


Have decided that I am the most impatient wee scrapper in the world! I wait sooooooooo long to borrow the camera to get some stuff photographed to submit and then all I want to do is get a result and show everyone my creations .... It's SO NOT what I'm supposed to be in this for, I know.

Actually I think it's more fun just to create 'sneaky peaks' ... I mean, just think of the paper & embellishments you'd save and there would be less pressure. I mean, you'd only have to make sure that a little section of each layout was exciting enough to show, the rest of the layout could be crap!

As we were tucked up under a sleeping bag watching THE APPRENTICE last night, Craig asked me when the infamous Scrap Camp was and I had to gingerly admit that it was the weekend of his birthday .... now before you blast me for being a bad partner - traditionally this is when he is in a Bi Polar 'down' phase so we never end up celebrating his birthday anyway. We had a laugh about it and I promised him we would celebrate it for the entire week before I went away instead...

9 comments:

Donna said...

Love the sneaky peep. I might have to try a few of those!
Will be great to meet you a Scrapcamp.

Rach H said...

YAY too scrapcamp!!!!
YAY to your very cool LO's!!
YAY to half naked men on your blog!
YAY cause your a good blogger!!
and just another YAY cause I can!!
Rach

Lara said...

Love your sneaky looks - imagine how many layouts I could 'say' I had completed when really...they were just 'peeps'! Love the sandin on that chipboard - basic grey is made for distressing huh?!

Roo said...

I haven't lurked here for a few days and wow you have updated heaps lol. Love your sneaky peeks, but now I wanna see the whole thing. Not too good with waiting lol. Lucky you doing scrap camp. Enjoy. I'll have to wait to meet you at CC. Oh like the blackboard further down there too.

dallas said...

ooh, no fair! I wanna see the rest too! I remember when you posted a sneak peek of your Gucci page, then we had to wait aaaages until it was published, though it was well worth the wait! I love that spotty paper!

Mel said...

You know, I think I like sneaky peaks more than a whole layout. They're very inspiring! Great stuff!

Kirsty said...

Me too Mel. A good way of seeing "closer up" techniques too. Awesome you are coming up to Scrapcamp.

Delys said...

I love the sneaky peeks too! Give us more Ali! Craig is very good about you going...good on him! As you say you will have blast the weekend before.
Im still grumpy about missing scrapcamp! mumble...why moving..mumble, mumble.

Anonymous said...

Love your sneak peek(!) .. even more fun that the real thing because we have to imagine the full layout!!
Will be fun to have some Wellington reps at scrapcamp ... Marieke's was here last year; she must have told you the best stories to encourage you along!