

Yes you can guess where we were on Sunday ..... amongst thousands of sweaty little kids and their parents at the Weetbix Triathon Series.
Three out of the four of my nieces and nephews were participating, as well as Bianca, so it was a real family affair and a great photo opportunity (if the battery on the camera wasn't flat!) Arggh. Fortunately I had borrowed THE camera again this weekend, to get some layouts photographed so was able to get some excellent shots ... well actually I only got three shots, before the battery went flat, but all three were usable. You really needed to know where to stand though, otherwise it was easy to mix your target up, with one of the other hundred or so kids in that age group. I have to take my hat off to the organisers - for organised Chaos, it was really well organised (if that makes sense).

I just had to show you this layout - I'm not uptight about it or frantically trying to get it published anywhere cause I just enjoyed creating it so much. Completed last week for a BLUE BAZZAR challenge (brown, yellow and pink layout), I had scraps of Urban Lily paper there just crying out to be used and also tried my hand at a bit of freehand doodling with paint - something this virgo would never usually attempt. For me, this layout also related to a thread talking about Scrapping... just because you can ... I had mentioned on the thread, that this is when I'm at my most creative ... when there isn't any pressure, when it doesn't have to be perfect and when you've just got time to scrap ..... I love it!

Also wanted to show you the trio of canvas's I made for Craig's office ... "MY GIRLS". I only managed to get them put together yesterday (you know what it's like trying to finish projects)?

I also managed to complete Caitlin's memo board for her room yesterday and get it hung. Attached to it, are crazy photos of her and quotes that she liked which will hopefully motivate her, if she looks at them often enough!!!!! Of course she has already added her touches, so it doesn't look like this any more Lol! yeah more room in my scrap space now.



5 comments:
What awesome project you've completed. They are all amazing!
re - the Weetbix Tryathlon - if you have a look at the weetbix website you'll find a link to the official photographer. I think you just type in your child's name or competition number and any photos taken will appear for you to order. There were heaps of my niece in Nelson.
Wowser Ali, these are fantastic creations! Love how you've used your Urban Lily scraps on the top layout!
Thanks for dropping by my blog!!!
Wow Ali you have been a busy bee and I agree with the girls above..they are fantastic!
Pity about the flat battery thats so not fair!
oh - nearly missed this entry when looking at the above one yest. Love your canvases and work. You've been a busy wee girl lately. Lovely stuff.
this is soo cool - thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment