Tuesday, April 18

FOUR DAYS OFF and ...

... what's a girl to do?

Four days of being a good mum/step mum, relaxing, chilling out, painting eggs, making an easter egg tree, exercising, entertaining the nanas, playing board games, (YUCK) and not hiding upstairs in my scap room Phew!
I struggle with all of the above on a regular basis, but boy did I do well this Easter!... unfortunately we had no camera to record any of it though :(

... I CHILLED OUT! - well I didn't nag the kids as much as I normally do and watched at least ONE cartoon with them.

... I PAINTED EGGS! - well I tried to dye them but that wasn't too successful so we painted them and made an Easter Egg tree instead.

... I did the ME TIME thing! - went to the movies by myself on Friday night and saw 'Mrs Henderson Presents' - Just BRILLIANT!! HILARIOUS - A MUST SEE!!

... I ENTERTAINED! - invited Craig's mum and my mum over on Sunday and Craig and I cooked them a gorgeous lunchtime roast with Apple Crumble for dessert and watched the rugby with them.

... I ate a MCDONALDS breakfast! - yup after attempting to make pancakes but realising I had no flour, I offered the kids french toast then realised that I had no white bread so ...

... I EXERCISED! - the first time really since I broke my toe. It felt great, I did it twice... and I may even do it again Lol!

... I played BOARD GAMES! - Yeah ok so I had to be forced, but I played CLUEDO AND INITIAL QUEST ok?

... I watched DVDS! - So what if I bought my scrapping stuff down to the dining room table? At least I was in the same room Lol!


Thought I'd show you the 12 x 12 I did of Bianca... well her tonsils actually. Unfortunately she came down with a really nasty throat infection the day after this was taken. This layout uses my favourite Basic Grey colours and Scenic Route letters which I use soooooo much these days. Have entered this on THE SCRAPBOOK OUTLET for their Basic Grey April Challenge - don't you love how active the forum is on this new site?

Nearly forgot ... a big thanks to those who visited me via Nics blog, made me feel right special it did (you know the really funny thing though ... she still forgot to put me on her side bar Lol)

Enough now ...

9 comments:

dallas said...

sounds like a great weekend, Ali! Love your layout - tell me, what are the letters you've used in "you mean" they look cool!

Delys said...

Glad you had a fab weekend and love your LO..yep I love that SR chipboard too..just luverly!
I use normal food colouring and vinegar in my dyes for egg dying...have you tried that? It works a treat especially with crayon design on the egg b4 dipping in dye.

Lara said...

left you a coment in the gallery! sounds like a great Easter - mmm, a roast, must defrost some meat for one on Friday night!
Arrowtown Autumn Fest starts Friday - looking forward to it - always lots of entertainment that I don't have to do for the children!
Lara

Mel said...

Wonderful layout (as I've come to expect from you!). And I so agree with you about board games (can't stand them, either!)!

Rach H said...

yep thats a pretty cool LO!!!
your Easter sounded fun + I LOVE board games!!! I heard they are playing them at scrap camp too.........hehehehehehe!!!!!
Girlfriend you SOOOOO need to get a camera!!!!
Rach

Kirsty said...

OH Ali! Just read on the KS Forum that you've had to pull out of coming to ScrapCamp. What a big shame. I know you'll be so gutted about that. Oh well - at least you've got CC06 to look fwd to.

Sandra said...

Hi Ali. Have visited your blog often but never left a comment...and am feeling guilty so here I am. Love the colours together in your layout. I really enjoy viewing your work.
Also notice in your profile you like Eva Cassidy. She is a fave for me too...her voice is amazing and her story so touching. We played her version of 'Somewhere over the Rainbow' at our sons funeral and it is very special to us.
Cheers
Sandra

Donna said...

I love this LO!! I sure identify with you on your easter/hols/be a good mum stuff!!

nic said...

*DOH!* best homer simpson impersonation.
off to um... link... um... side bar... *tying a piece of string around my finger to remind myself*

right... sidebar... AliDub... ok... lol

nic