Friday, April 28

ROLL ON SAT

Yeah! Getting my roots done tomorrow am! Have been HANGING out for this event for a week now ... you know, trying to stretch it out to last that extra week and regretting it cause you feel like crap every day when you go to work. Am scared I was gonna end up looking as though I had a bad 'Donald' combover if I didn't deal to it IMMEDIATELY!

Anyway ... enough of that excitement, on to my favourite subject ....


This is the layout that I created from a couple of paper napkins that had been left on the lunchroom table. They had been sitting there tempting me for about a week and in the end, I just had to do something with them. Not sure that it is my best work - have NEVER worked with yellow and orange before so I get a fright everytime I look at it (and the stitching was a drag) but hey, it was my attempt at being creative Lol!

The other layout I wanted to show you is this one, which is my total favourite at the moment, not only cause I love this pic of Caitlin, but because it was created with no pressure, no patterned paper, stitching, paint and lots of playing. I used handmade paper for the centres of the flowers and love the result. The lovely Mel had lent me her stamps and they inspired me to have a jolly good play.

Have a good weekend everyone - we are getting our girls back tomorrow so are looking forward to seeing what they've been up to ...

6 comments:

Shazz said...

hi ali,
i am sitting here at work, all my jobs done and the advantage of being married to the boss means i can blog surf without fear or retribution.
i have found your blog via the gorgeous nic howard's blog and i have sat here chuckling away to myself as i have read your posts.
LOVE your work pics - 'specially the shoes on the desk one.
love your scrapping style too.
if it's ok i will be visiting again and linking your blog to mine.
*waving from across the seas*
have a great weekend

shazz pratten
xo

Sandra said...

Love the colours together in the 'Butter Wouldn't Melt' layout. Am a tad envious of these girly layouts (I have 4 boys). Maybe a 'gender swap' layout challenge (iykwim) could be in order (says she who has never been brave enough to go in any challenges yet) Am so with you on the roots thing. I always leave mine far too long, trying to save $$$.

Mel said...

These layouts look fantastic - the napkin one is so original and I adore what you've done with the stamps etc

Now I also totally agree about the hair thing - it's so long since I've seen my orginal colour I don't even know what it is! LOL!

Jane said...

ooooh ! lovely LO and I love the colours- very inspiring. Well done, Ali! love the stitching too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ali

I can relate to the roots things, I got mine done in the weekend and I feel like a new woman. I now get into a habit that when I have my hair done that Mike takes photos of me, that way every six weeks I have a photo or ten of myself.

greta work with that serviette!! I like the sticthing you did on the butter layout. The stamps look great.

Delys said...

Love that serviette and butter wouldnt melt...just so original and awesome Ali!