Yup, it's Craigs birthday next week, so the girls and I are taking him surprise kitten shopping tomorrow. We had to put his previous cat 'Horse', down a few months ago and he misses him dreadfully, (particularly as Gucci Designer Cat won't sit on his lap and insists on only paying attention to me Lol)!
Actually, it's kind of exciting for us to be celebrating Craig's birthday at all, as in the the three and a half years that we have been together, this is the first time that he has been 'level' enough to celebrate it. Prior to his Bi Polar diagnosis, he would normally 'crash' about the 28th April and go to ground until about August. Big ups to us, for getting on top of this and YAY for Lithium!!
Anyway, hopefully there will be some cute kittens there tomorrow for us to choose from. The girls and I have been keeping tabs on any new additions to Animates and are hoping to get there before the hoards tomorrow am. Craig knows nothing, except that we are 'borrowing' Bianca for a couple of hours tomorrow am and that we are going somewhere to do something related to his birthday. Hee hee, I love surprises ... I wonder whether 'Gucci, Designer Cat' will react with the same enthusiasm??
Anyway, enough about that, lets have some sneaky peaks ...





Thanks for all the comments re my new camera, which I am gradually getting to grips with. For those who asked, it is a Canon PowerShot S3 IS (6 megapixel and 12 x Optical Zoom). I thought seriously about getting an SLR but decided that 'luggability' was more important. After doing some research and realising that a base SLR only had 4 x optical zoom without another lense being attached, I just couldn't see myself whipping out another lens at a family function or on the side of a netball court.
Funnily enough, the pic on my blog yesterday wasn't actually taken on this but thanks for the lovely comments anyway. I'm sure I'll have loads of sample photos next week (particularly with a new kitten in the house)! So far, the biggest difference I have noticed, is the image stabiliser which is really good.
Have a lovely weekend all
xx



9 comments:
wow Ali what lovely sneaky peaks ! I love all the colours, you've been working hard ! Think all your pictures are great !
love the peeks - so jealous of your new camera - I'd love a kitten too - but then they grow into cats.
Exciting stuff, enjoy your shopping trip. Love your green and blue sneak peeks in particular - can't wait to see the real thing.
Cant wait to see the new kitten and WTG Craig! Awesome that the Lithium is doing it! Hope he doesnt mind the blood tests!
Just lovely sneak peaks Ali! Cant wait to see it published!
Have fun this weekend!
waa! I want to see all the layouts!! Are these some of your successful submissions?? Yay for the new camera - just in time for the kitten!
I love your blog! Your "about me" could be....about ME! I had a blog once upon a time but found I didn't have the time to keep it up. But now - I miss it so I'm going to jump back in with both feet! Have a wonderful weekend!
Lovely sneak peeks - wish I had the time to do some scrapping but life is a little hectic. I'm sure there will a gap soon.
So pleased Craig is good fo his birthday - hope you found a cute kitten.
love the peeks. Something is looking gooorgeous!
nic
so how did the baby shopping go??? Was he surprised? did you find a new baby? Nice sneaky peaks!!
Post a Comment