At last, I can get this thing to work!
Saturday morning went without a hitch, well except for Craig guessing while we were standing on the side of the netball court that we were on our way to Animates - kinda did the old Bi Polar freakout to start with (they're not into change in a big way) but once we got there and Bianca said "Guess what? You can pick out your very own cuddly kitten Daddy", then he could hardly resist could he???
We watched them play for a wee while, then Craig picked up the little grey and white girl (the one that Caitlin and I were hoping he would pick), who took one look at him and just nestled back into his arms and purred like a tractor engine. "Peppy" he said, "I'm going to call her Peppy".
Now don't ask me where on earth that name came from, but she is sooooooo not a Peppy!! Anyway, at that point, I just thought - who cares, I mean he has obviously fallen for her as he is naming her right here in the shop ... I wasn't going to argue Lol!
Seriously, folks, she is GORGEOUS. Gucci wasn't impressed at first and hissed at me all day Saturday. However, on Sunday am, he and I had a serious talk, a big grooming session to make him all big and fluffy and a lovely cuddle - then I told him to go and play nicely.... about five hours later, he started getting closer and closer to the new kitten, sitting in front of the bathroom where her litter box is and blocking her under the fridge where she can fit very nicely at the moment - little bugger! By 5pm, they were only inches apart when Peppy reached up and gave Gucci a big lick on the nose. Well it was all on! They haven't stopped racing around like wild things ever since .. up and down off the dining room table (Arrgh), up and down the stairs, over the couches and through the stair rail. It is lovely to see Gucci acting like a kitten again, I mean he is only 18months old but seems to be remembering his kittenhood quite quickly. Peppy is the total opposite of Gucci as far as cuddles goes - she loves necks and chests and couches and he just wants to be up high, close to your face or helping with the household chores. Should be a very good working relationship .... I hope, although this morning I noticed that they have progressed from chasing and biffing, to wrestling - I hope I don't go home to a flattened kitten Lol!
Photos to come, the new camera is getting a work out Lol!
PS: Craig just rang me to say that they are both snuggled up on the bed together - not bad for three days work??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment