Monday, June 12

REJECTED LOL!

Ok, so got my reject email so can show you some stuff Lol!


This is my favourite layout at present, probably cause the journalling came so easily. CHANCE MADE US SISTERS, HEARTS MADE US FRIENDS is the title and the journalling says .... You may only see each other for part of the week, but the fun you have together, shows the strength of your bond. You didn't choose to be in each others lives, but you handle your unique relationship like troopers!

Had a busy weekend of scrapping which was lovely, cept I have so many things on the go, I'm having trouble thinking bout anything else. I spent most of Saturday on the netball court with Caitlin playing early and winning 19 - 9 and her cousin playing an hour or so later. We had taken mum in for a look, so decided to stay put and watch both games - was fun, cept Caits decided she would try a bit of rugby in the middle of her game and took half the skin off her elbow as she dived to get the ball and landed splat on her face. Madam has just got herself a hotmail address and has discovered mum's blog ... needless to say I had an anonymous comment appear yesterday, telling me how lucky I was to have such a smart and attractive daughter Lol!!

Am doing the resignation thing today which is gonna be a tad weird. Still, onwards and upwards eh? Got into work this morning to find that one of my colleagues came off his motorbike in the weekend and has two broken arms and a number of other nasty injuries. Lucky he was wearing his leathers and helmet as there isn't a lot left of them apparently. A very lucky guy. Guess he won't be doing much typing for a while.

This is the first card I have ever done, so be kind. I was actually quite happy with it and it was fun working in a smaller format. Will have to try a few more of these.

13 comments:

Roo said...

Love the journalling on your lo. And that card is cool as. Can I steal that idea??

lianne said...

Oohh Ali, lots of freestyling going on here. And I love Mrs Bollard AND your card.

Delys said...

Hugs to you on the rejection email Babe! Love the Lo and LOVE the card...I just dont do cards either...Its all in the head Im sure but I just have so much trouble!
Glad to hear of your workmate being ok!

Anonymous said...

Hugs Ali re the rejection email. Just remember that you are not being rejected, they just need your LO this time around. LOVE that card. Very cool.

Anonymous said...

Ali I love the journalling on that layout. That card rocks! very funky and styley. As for the rejection email, just think there are loads more opportunties still waiting out there.

Lynda said...

Can't understand that rejection email, that is a great layout! Love that card Ali, very funky.

Anonymous said...

Love the different layers on your card ... just like a layout but smaller eh! Fun.

Jane said...

your work is wonderful,Ali, Keep up the submissions. Welcome to the addictive world of card making LOL !

Anonymous said...

wow - what a fantastic card & that LO is stunning - love when the journaling just falls into place or sets the scene for a LO!
Lara

Donna said...

Firstly, love your card! It is awesome & someone will treasure it. Your journaling is very special on your layout. It's a pity it won't be published!
Lastly, thanks for your words of support on my blog. I really appreciate it.
Hey & we're on the same CJ team!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous LO and card! Especially the card - wow for a first one, that's really cool.

Sorry about the reject email. No matter how many we get, they're always a bummer huh? But like Kate said, its not you (or even your work). It probably just doesn't match whatever else they've picked.

Kirsty said...

Hey, cool card Ali. Now you've done your 1st you'll be on a roll. Lovely layout too - keep submitting away. Great to catch up with you tonight while cutting ribbon and counting papers, lol!
Oh - was looking for Caitlin's comments - did you delete them? Very funny - go Caitlin!

Chris Millar said...

Ali, this card is very funky! Love it! Your other layouts here are awesome too! Particularly love your 'caitlyn' layout!