
From left ... Me, Marieke, Yolande (AKA speedy), Rach H and Karen. Pic taken by the lovely Sandra.
Ok so it was AWESOME .. the weekend, the people, the tutors and the organisation. However, this has got to be one of the most valuable things I got from the weekend. Yup you guessed it, a pic with some of my scrapping buddies, amazing ladies with whom I converse via their blogs and in person and when combined with glue and paper of course, make Scrapbooking, the fantastic hobby it is. So the photos aren't perfect, but just looking at these pics brings a smile to my face. Ladies you rock! It was cool to hang out with you.
Another person who made a MEGA impact on me this weekend, was this lady - the infamous Cathy Z (man, who moved the the camera??).I'm not sure whether it was because I was so totally relaxed in her classes that I took in everything osmosively (do you like that word??) or whether it was just cause she is so linear in her style, which, afterall makes perfect sense to a Virgo - but wow, I got it, I mean, I really got it. In fact, I haven't stopped journalling since I got home - now I mean REALLY journalling!! ... and doing the whole grid thing.
Seriously folks, that kooky lady with the orange sweatshirt and the fascination for Tim Tams has unleashed the monster within. Watch this space!

And as for this lady .................. you know, the one who inspires scrappers on every level, all over New Zealand. All I can say is 'HOLY MOLEY Nic!!!!! Don't EVER do that to me again Lol!
... and I don't have a pic of you Christina but WOW WEE, your 'GREENER PASTURES' range totally rocks! Well done, we are really proud of you.
Gotta go, gotta work ... would rather be scrapping!



5 comments:
Ali that really sums it up for me too... the reason I scrap. Friendships. ANd scrappers are lifelong friends too. I am so pleased to have finally met you and it was so extra cool to hang out too. Your bubbly personality makes me so happy and for all the laughs all I can say is THANKS. I had such an awesome weekend. So if ya ever up our way in PAPAMOA please come say hi! But we will see ya at scrapcamp and yip it will be trouble...but I love trouble! Can't wait to have some more laughs with you. Your rock too!
thanks for the pictures - I love seeing what I missed, NOT! Loved your LO's in the mags, congrats. It does seem ages from sending them off to getting them back!
LOL at the blurry photos ... but much fun involved in remembering the situation when the photo's not-so-clear, don't you think!!
Oh (shame faced) that would be me that moved the camera oops! Sorry! But still at least you can tell it is really you and the Cathy lady lol
lol HEY I should learnt o smile - but then I had just punched the holes for a layout for someone that couldnt do it herself so perhaps i was thinking "i aint ever doing that again". lol
nic
Post a Comment