Ok, so they only want one international designer but hey you gotta be in to win eh? Given that one of my next classes is based on a Maya Road Book (oops let that slip didn't I?) then it may even be worth giving that one a go, specially when lately, all I seem to do is read Design Team Calls either a day before they finish, or two weeks after the event Lol!
Check it out here http://www.mayaroad.com/2006MRDesignTeam.htm
It's not even November yet and it's started already. Caitlin had her college sports prizegiving on Tuesday and received the prize for 'Most Improved Player' in her Netball team (she won the same award last year at Intermediate, so as her dad pointed out, at least she's consistent Lol). Caits has the honour of being the first member of our family not to win music, public speaking or drama prize but a SPORTS prize. Go Caits - we are really proud of you! She has also started playing Cricket this term and has made it into the First Eleven (well, the ONLY eleven actually!). Anyway, she had her first game on Thursday night and went really well considering she had never walked onto a pitch before and was really really nervous. Actually I am amazed that she even turned up to trials as there are only three other 'year nine' kids in the team and these kids have been playing club cricket together for a couple of years, so she was really on the outer amongst these and the year twelve and thirteens in the team. I have the dubious honour of having been the first female in the Kilbirnie Cricket Club at the tender age of eight, so figured that this was something I could support her in. I have organised life to leave work every Thursday at 2.45pm in order to be there for her every week, a decision that I'm pretty stoked about, (it's times like this that it's good to have a sports fanatic as a Branch Manager.
Bianca and I also managed to get some girl time together this week and I took some great pics of her which I can't wait to scrap. She's not a great smiler, but is a great poser so we laughed heaps ... and deleted loads of photos too. She has quite a prominent birthmark on her forehead so it can be tricky to get good photos of her, but she is such a little personality that you gotta just pick up that camera.




3 comments:
Good luck on the Maya Road DT call Ali. If you want someone to bounce ideas off just give me a holler. ;-)
Fab pics of Bianca!
And congrats to Caitlin for her award. Brave girl to start up cricket with all the experienced girls. Well done on making the team.
Go for it Ali! Well done Caitlin for getting the prize and giving cricket a go.
what a character Bianca is!
LOL about missing the calls! Was sitting with Meg as she checked her apache & told us you'd just joined the forum & read your post saying you'd missed the dt call!
great pics :-)
Lara
Post a Comment