Saturday, March 17

SORRY CAN'T WORK TODAY!

Yup that's what I would have loved to say last Monday after ten days solid on the trot.

The 'Temp' conference in Adelaide was great (I think I slept through most of it). I left last Thursday at 5.20am - flew to Auckland, then to Adelaide (5hrs + time difference) waited for the Aussie delegates at the Airport for three hours, then spent two hours confined in a coach with 38 Australian accents! arriving in the Barossa Valley at 5.30pm. First night dinner was at 6.30pm and despite the gorgeous sunset, the NZ team was in bed by 8.30pm. The next day and a half was conference proper, then back on the coach for two hours, back at the airport for three hours and to Sydney this time, arriving at 7pm. Dinner 7.30pm, bed 9.30pm, wake up call at 5.30am, taxi to airport at 6.30am, arriving back in Wgtn at 3.30pm Sunday............ and back to work on Monday.

BUT WAIT THERE's MORE ................ Yup, I have to do it all again on Wednesday for the 'Perm' Conference 'cept this time I go via Sydney both ways and get to spend a whole extra day out of the office (Argggggh) and then another two days in Auckland upon our return, inwardly digesting our new computer database. Ok so I'm a pretty even tempered person (not) and yeah, the Barossa Valley was nice (the first time) but do you think they could have combined the two conferences?? and do ya think the training thing could have waited till the following week??

Yup I'm whinging and I'm tired, I'm frustrated that I only have two days in the office this week and I'm sitting at home fighting the flu while everyone else in our house is out partying at a St Patricks day party. I'm tired, I'm grumpy, I'm premenstrual and totally OVER people! .......... except for the lovely ladies who have registered for my canvas class tomorrow afternoon xxxx

By the way, does anyone actually read this blog anymore?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Course I read it...
I understand the tired of training, tired of conferences thing. My boss is trying to send me to Wellingtn 2 days a month for four or five months. I love Wellie, but no way am I doing that. The driving alone will be soooo tedious.
Hope you're feeling better now sweetie.

Sandra said...

Yess.....I do! Read your blog that is. I understand the over people thing with your timetable at the moment. Can't believe the 2 conferences aren't together...go figure!! Do you think they'd notice if you didn't turn up and just went out and had fun???

Anonymous said...

I read it Ali, love your work and wish I lived in Wellington so I could come to your class.

Naomi

Anonymous said...

Yup ... I read :)
Sorry you're feeling icky - I've just got over the flu myself :(
Some people are just plain stoopid ... it would have made perfect sense to combine the two conferences ... and it would have meant they'd only have to fly you over once ...

nic said...

I read ;o)

and how appropriate the word verification is nickm lol. do de do do

Lara said...

hmmm, all work & no play...

hope you are feeling better now! I've been a bad blog visitor lately with heaps on. - love that layout in th epost below too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ali, i pop by your blog to see what you have been up to!

Sounds like you have had a lot on lately.

Sharon said...

Travel for work purposes always sounds more glamorous than it is. Hope at least you got some decent dinners out of it.

Anonymous said...

I also read your blog! Hope your feeling better. Would have been better if the conferences were combined!!
Enjoy the class you are taking. Wish I could be there :-)