Wednesday, April 25

WOW THAT WAS GREAT!

OK so I'm not sure that the idea of Crafting Connection 07 was to give me a new passion, but just one class later (actually the only one I sat down and did) and I'm totally hooked! Yup needlefelting is my new favourite thing! I think I just like the feel of jabbing needles into something - it is sooooooooo thereputic and when the family tries to interrupt you in order to get you to cook or clean ... you can just threaten them with your needle and they run for the hills!
To be honest I'm glad I mainly assisted this year - the frantic pace of these fantastic and totally inspiring classes would have stressed the 'Type A' in me out, but David, if you're listening, this was a great idea and there were so many things I loved about this year....


NO.1
These neat ladies - yeah they were a pretty cool bunch of ladies - all very different in their teaching styles but all of them oh so talented!

NO. 2
Yeah so the numbers were split because of the different locations, so I didn't get to catch up with my mates from up North, but the ladies who were there in Wgtn were there cause they were forcing themselves to reach outside their comfort zones - very cool!
No.3
The kits - they were awesome! Lots of yummy product that we don't get to see here and lots of mess - was glad I was helping to create mess in someone elses location - not MY scrap room!

Tia Bennett!
Wow can does that lady know how to bring out the emotion in a class. As a tutor myself, sometimes we get so tied up in the fact that we need to get the class going - that we forget to explain to the class the whole concept behind the project, why it is that it was created in the first place and what inspired us. Tia was not only inspiring, but her classes were relaxing and I found myself really searching for the meaning behind what I was creating - AWESOME TUTOR and a lovely lady!!

All in all, a great weekend and a big big thanks to the unflappable Rhonda and David and Mary and all the helpers ...
Roll on Stacey Julian!





2 comments:

Sharon said...

Sounds like you had a fun time!!

Mel said...

I'm with you on the needle fleting. Just love what you've made