Tuesday, September 11

THE MISCHIEF IN YOU

I'm not sure whether it's because I read Nics' wonderful new book, cover to cover, on the weekend and felt all gooey and inspired, or whether the inspriation has come from me having made the time to catch up with all my blog reading over the past week.
Well whatever it is, I felt inspired to do two things this week that I have never done previously 1. complete a dare for NZ Dares and 2. use one of my oldest pics of my mum and dad from their youth. The journalling (which Caitlin says is mean), says ....

These pics of my mother and father when they were courting have to be my all time favourites! Not renowned for her sense of fun, my mother is head over heels in love and trying to keep a straight 'presbyterian' face, whilst dad is playing the joker....

Don't know that it was intended to be mean, it's just that, that particular piece of information is what makes these pics even more precious to me..... anyone who knows my mum can vouch for that lol!

We had to use one sheet of doublesided paper - which could be cut any which way (I have reversed mine for the mat around the photo), four embellishments of the same type (buttons) two rub ons (word 'love' and the 'flower').

This was really fun and so not my usual type of layout, but I got the result I was looking for and feel good about capturing a bit of the essence of my parents relationship in the process. Roll on the next dare!

6 comments:

Keryn Campbell said...

Caitlin might think the journalling is mean now but what until she's older and the world isn't quite so black and white.

Anonymous said...

Love the page! Question for you... is that a 12x12 layout - and if so, how did you cut the dble sided paper to give the mats for the photos? Ta!

Mel said...

Lovely to capture those old photos and a wee story behind them. Great.

Sharlene Meyer said...

This is beautiful, Ali!

Lara said...

I get what you mean & think the journaling is fantastic!

Penny said...

The journalling isn't mean at all - it's sweet. :-) I love that moment you've captured. You are so fortunate to have the photos! :-)