Friday, December 7

GOOD INTENTIONS!

Gosh, I'm sure it was only days ago that I intended to post all my pics from Crafting Connection and give my version of the 'near drowning' and subsequent 111 call but now we're onto Christmas, so I won't bother except to say that even though I worked my butt off that weekend, drank far too much on Sat night and slept for half of Monday, it was fantastic to see everyone (in fact you could see quite a lot of some people in those bathrooms!!) and catch up with friends from all over NZ. Scrapbookers are awesome folk and indeed speak the same language ... I feel incredibly fortunate to have found my niche.

So what else is new?
Goodness, where do I start?
I have made so much progress in the past couple of months that I feel as if I'm a completely different person, if that is at all possible?
The most exciting news from me is that for the first time in a very very long time "I am extremely happy". Sounds silly I know, but trust me, it has been a long time coming.
This enforced break has been a blessing in disguise. I have had a wonderful holiday, have spent the first lot of school holidays EVER with Caitlin, have rejoined WW, lost 5.5 kilos, am exercising again, scrapping, stamping and tutoring again and best of all, I have reconnected with a lot of friends from whom I had drifted away. I guess you could say that at last, at the age of 41, I am happy in my own skin which is pretty powerful stuff.
I have also had a new opportunity present itself in the past few weeks and although I very nearly accepted a sales role for another company, was approached just at the nick of time, by a wonderful, energetic person who asked me to join her in setting up a new recruitment company which specialises in Sales Recruitment only.
Having had two and a half months off work and having had the opportunity to sort my mind, body and spirit - I lept at the chance ... obviously I am not as over recruitment as I thought I was lol! Our company is called 'RED PEPPER' and we will be based in Lower Hutt. At the moment I am working part time on contract, doing all the fun stuff like advertising and signage and getting quotes for our opening function in February but am looking forward to an early January start. Watch this space!

3 comments:

Mel said...

So pleased to hear that life is on the up. And well done with Weight Watchers. I definitely found that once I got my weight/health a bit sorted that I am a happier person. And now that I too have found job I like, on my terms, life is good.

Good on you, Ali - be proud of who you have become!

Beverley said...

Glad to hear you are happy and life is sounding good. What happened to the plant thing? You would have been so good at it!

Lara said...

yeah Ali :-) congrats on the job front... & on being happy :-)