Ok so not really sure how to begin this long overdue post as so much has happened since I last blogged. Anyway ...here is all the news ......
Gucci returned home after 25 days missing!!! You could have knocked me over with a feather! I received a call, late one Friday night and a lovely lady said "Hi, my name is Lesley and I live in the Waitouhu Valley and ... I have your cat". Three hours later, we had him back. I am so grateful to these lovely people who went out of their way for us and extremely grateful that the cat gods saw that he got accross State Highway 2 in one piece!
Gucci returned home after 25 days missing!!! You could have knocked me over with a feather! I received a call, late one Friday night and a lovely lady said "Hi, my name is Lesley and I live in the Waitouhu Valley and ... I have your cat". Three hours later, we had him back. I am so grateful to these lovely people who went out of their way for us and extremely grateful that the cat gods saw that he got accross State Highway 2 in one piece!
In early Feb, my gorgeous friend Rachel got married in Queenstown and Caits and I took a week off school/work and did a girlie road trip. We started in Christchurch, picked up a rental car (a vintage sprinter!!.. what's with that?) and stayed a night in Christchurch, a night in Geraldine, then on to Queenstown. We found that my ability to drive around Christchurch (a place that I actually lived for two years!) was severely impaired by my fading 41yr old memory and the uncanny ability of our rental car to drive itself up one way streets!
Queenstown was fabulous, the weather was great and I came back missing my friends terribly. Whilst unfortunately I didn't get to catch up with the lovely Lara, we did manage to catch up with our old friends from Caitlins' baby days and see what everyone is doing. After some initial shyness, you would have thought the kids had never been apart which was hilarious.
It was also great to spend some time with Rach and the 'girls' and some of the people who were a huge part of our lives back when we were living in Central Otago. Caitlin was most intrigued to discover what girls talk about when they get together with a bottle of wine in the nights leading up to a wedding and whilst she didn't come to the actual reception, got to experience her first ever wedding ceremony.
Of course Queenstown wouldn't be Queenstown without partaking in at least one tourist activity so Caits jumped off a bridge and wished she jumped from a higher one and if we hadn't left when we did, would have jumped from a plane - seriously, that girl is an adventure freak!! ... all in all, totally worth missing the first week of school for .... roll on the next girls road trip!



No comments:
Post a Comment