Yep after weeks of training her butt off on the sand of Lyall Bay beach, Caits is now a qualified Surf Lifesaver! Along with her best friend Jayme and some mates, they have been training three times a week and wearing themselves (and their parents) to a frazzle. With only three weeks of patrol left and limited surf beaches to patrol in Wellingon there is not much life saving to be done at Oriental Bay
unfortunately but hey ... she gets to wear the uniform and will now be prepared for her planned Gap Year trip to Camp America. I have to say how totally impressed I am with Maranui Surf Lifesaving club and the young adults who organise these youngsters and put them through their paces - such fantastic role models for our Gen Ys!
In other news ... and it's not great news I'm afraid. Am job hunting again after a rather unfortunate and surprising three months with the new company .... just think of the positives though ......... my blog gets updated, I get time to exercise .... and I get a few layouts completed ...
Off to an interview, catch ya later xx



3 comments:
Congrats on getting surf qualified Caitlin - and on bungy jumping! We went on a school trip to the Lyall Bay Surf club recently - the girl from Maranui was fantastic with the kids. How's that job hunting going? Yay for the positives - blogging, exercising and scrapping!
Good luck with the job hunt - always a bummer when things didn't go the way you expected. Hope everything works out!
best wishes for the job hunting. I'm kind of doing some too... but don't know what to do!!!
pleased to read your catch up post about Queenstown too.
Post a Comment