Monday, June 16

ON CUPCAKES & FRIENDSHIP :)


It never fails to amaze me, how much trouble Caitlin and her friends go to for one another when one of their 'group' has a birthday. From spending hours making cute handmade cards, saving their limited pocket money to club together in order to purchase a special gift, to making home baked gifts such as fudge or cupcakes when money is tight.

Naturally I'm not so enthusiastic about the last minute trips to the shop at 8.30pm for icing sugar, the sink full of dishes left after late night baking efforts, nor the stress involved in transporting said gifts to school. However, it's worth it to see the excitement on their faces when they've had a brainwave about the 'perfect' gift and hear the gales of laughter as they get on the phone to discuss the 'plan of attack' & method of execution with their co-conspirators.


I love that Caits has such an awesome bunch of friends and as a mum, I am kinda proud that she is the same kind of friend in return.

I mean, a girl can't ask for more than a great bunch of girlfriends, some homemade cupcakes and a cute wee card on her birthday can she?

2 comments:

Mel said...

Aren't they cute? One of mt Cait's firends baked her a cake for her birthday -somehow it's more special than a bought gift. I totally agree.

Mel said...

Hmm - two typos in the first line - I'm way too quick on the PUBLISH button!