Where does the time go ... I mean seriously! Life is just moving so fast right now, I feel like I'm trying to catch a train and need to get off for a while. What with the move from living in a small home by myself to living in this gorgeous, spacious home with Craig, Bianca and Caitlin, getting used to a bigger laundry pile, bigger grocery bills and an extra cat. Add to this, Caitlin's first mock exams, the start of Surf life saving and Cricket seasons, the continuation (and monitoring) of the now six month old romance and things are just rattling along at the rate of knots leaving very little time for things creative.
That being said, I did attempt however, to have a go at organising a creative evening for the girls but instead ended up sitting around Marieke's dining room table with Kirsty drinking copious amounts of white wine and reminising about the days when we had time to scrap.
I do have a layout half finished on my desk, my scrapping stuff is mostly unpacked in the office, I've sold a bit of stuff on TM and Craig has made me an awesome 'canvas painting space' in the garage, next to the table tennis table and the treadmill ... I mean who parks their cars in the garage these days ... space is valuable right?Now I'm hoping to finish a wee travel log for Bianca who, as we speak is on her big European holiday with her mum. She was one very excited ten year old when we dropped her and Monique at the airport early on Saturday morning. Craig is already missing his baby girl ... thank goodness for texting!! To make matters worse, they are going to be meeting up with his sister and her family who live in Switzerland - something that Craig is extremely 'green jelly' about as he misses his sister and family terribly ... never mind, one day, I hope we can make this trip together.
Something I am really enjoying though, is the time I get to spend with young Beth. In fact I relish being tied up with her on a Sunday afternoon when I would normally be racing into work or running around with the vaccum. Talking about bringing back memories! I love being a part of her life, she is totally contagious and now she has Gruncle Craig completely hooked too ... I wish Dave and Nicki's show could just go on and on and on and on so we can look after her every week forever .... are ya reading this Nick


1 comment:
Ohhhh you say the sweetest things! I am glad that you enjoy having her she adores you guys as well!! Don't you worry we will still make sure you have plenty of Beth time once the show is over too. It is just SO nice having good friends who enjoy her as much as we do. XOXOXOXOXOX
Post a Comment