Umm yeah, ok, so I know that it's nearly March, but hey a girls' gotta do what a girls' gotta do right?
So .. First things first, I'm employed again ... well if you call being paid less than half the base salary I was on previously ...being employed. Seriously, the commission portion more than makes up for it but in this market ... it's a bit of a struggle. Many recruitment companies have made staff redundant in the weeks leading up to and beyond Christmas and nearly every second person I'm interviewing at present, has been made redundant. It's a hard road that many of us are travelling at present and I thank God for 'remote access' and the motivation to work more than 40 hours a week in order to chase that elusive commission.
Then you look at the telly and thank your lucky stars for your home, your friends, your family and the fact that we are at least all still here to argue about spending less on groceries or how to pay the power bill.



No comments:
Post a Comment