Saturday, August 1

GUTTED!

I had a phone call from a very upset teenager today when she discovered that her beloved 'home away from home' - Maranui Surf Lifesaving Club and the very popular - Maranui Cafe was gutted by fire overnight.
Maranui have worked really hard over the past two years to rebuild a dwindling membership and now have a keen nippers club and a bunch of fantastic teenagers who train incredibly hard and volunteer at beaches around the city throughout summer. This was supposed to be their big year of re-entry into competition and Caitlin was sooooo looking forward to starting her training again this week.
We checked out the damage today and it was heart wrenching to see the fire damaged memorabilia and ruined gear. I just hope that some of it can be recovered.

After a sleepless night, coughing my wee lungs out after my second dose of the flu in two months, I kept very quiet today as have a rehearsal tomorrow for my first show in a while and really don't want to miss it.
I had loads of fun creating with flowers, diamantes, vellum butterflies, Basic Grey and handstitching and feel that after a few weeks of struggling for inspiration, am getting my scrapping mojo back... YAY!

No comments: