Happy New Year everyone! May you blow your resolutions in the first week, so you can relax for the remainder of the year!
As for me on New Year's Eve, well what more can a girl ask for but a night on the couch with, a glass of wine, the one you love and yet another showing of "Titanic". Was supposed to be partying but the news of the sudden death of an old school friend, kind of changed the mood and a more mellow approach was decided on. Actually, for the first time in a very long time, there were no resolutions as such made by moi. I did however decide this morning (as I was trying to encourage my body to get out of bed and go to work), that I needed to lighten up this year and take myself a little less seriously. I also realised why one should spend from September to December losing weight ..... yup it's so when you put on weight over Xmas & New Year, You can say that you are the same weight as what you were last year Lol!
Just the other day I asked Caitlin, how she managed to be so positive. She said "Mum, my nain told me when I was little, to only worry about the things I can change and not to worry about the things I can't change". Nain is my much loved (ex) mother in law, she is the most incredible woman I have ever met and I love that she has had so much of an impact on Caitlin.
Seriously, that kid rocks my world! As you can see here, this is one kid who doesn't take herself too seriously Lol!
Spent a very lazy day yesterday downloading all our holiday pics and thanking the guy upstairs for the smidgen of good weather we managed to get in the few days over Christmas that we were away at the beach, my thoughts go out to those who ventured out of the house in the past few days.

Have a great week, I'm off to celebrate having the house to myself for a couple of days.





4 comments:
Happy New Year Ali...
I love that slip & slide photo.. that's going to make such a fun LO
great photos from your holiday. we can learn so much from kids....
Happy New Year Ali. Awesome photos.
Lesley
love the resolutions flying out the window! Still thinking about some 'safe ones' to make!
Post a Comment